The Telemarketer is responsible for lead generation and sales and service appointment setting. Telephone calling, computer input, and clerical support to the sales process are primary responsibilities. Processes used are cold calling, generation of leads through market research, preparation and mailing of marketing letters, and related campaign materials to identified prospects.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Enters lead lists and individual prospects into system, as identified or provided by self or other staff member.
- Cold calls to prospective clients to acquire policy expiration dates.
- Prequalifies prospective sales clients against agency criteria.
- Cross references new ex-date information against existing ex-date bank to eliminate duplications.
- Computer inputs all new ex-dates acquired to upgrade and maintain the ex-date data bank.
- Schedules sales, service, and renewal appointments for CSAs and producers.
- Tracks and inputs sales, service, and renewal appointments for prospects and current accounts in appropriate information management system.
- Prepares all sales kits to include agency information, the necessary applications, brochures, and appropriate special program information upon direction of producers and/or agency management.
- Follow up on sales letters to obtain sales appointments for producers and CSAs.
- Creates marketing letters, marketing campaigns, and mails information to prospects.
- Updates information management system files with appropriate data and activity tracking.
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Creates reports to show sales progress and other sales information, as requested or as needed, to foster generation of new business leads.
- Performs other tasks and duties, as requested or required, to support the agency sales and service processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Education: Graduation/ Master (Marketing and English Advance Education will be preferred)
- Having Good English communication skills
- Has a pleasant and clear telephone voice and manner.
- Displays excellent telephone etiquette skills.
- Ability to close sales appointments and possesses a sales orientation.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently to complete assigned activities on a day to day basis.
- Understands and can perform basic office skills, including filing, light typing, processing, and sorting functions.
- Can carry out detailed written or verbal instructions with multiple concrete variables.
- Possess good grammar, spelling, and communication skills.
- Ability to file, post, sort, and prepare mail projects. Can copy data from one source to another, obtain information from others, and deliver information to other clearly and accurately.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 dB loss at 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz with or without correction.
- Physical efforts required include fingering as a repetitive activity, grasping, verbally communicating detailed and important information to others accurately and quickly, reaching, standing, and lifting light objects under 10 lbs.
- High-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work of the positions and physical requirements normal to the position. Principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties and other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support principal duties.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision as needs arise. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified reasonably to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members.