Job Title: Junior Technical Writer and Administration Officer
Location: Full-time remote
· Candidate will be required to maintain a continued internet line, laptop and a phone line to work effectively.
· Candidate will be working in US Eastern Time zone hours from 06:00 PM PST- 03:00 AM PST (during Daylight Savings 07:00 pm PST – 04:00 am PST).
· Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings. Creating RFP synopses. Breakdown evaluation criteria. Search for potential opportunities online.
· Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval based on Performance Work Statements (PWS); entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
· Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
· Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
· Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
· Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
· Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
· Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· An entry-level technical writer should possess editing and proofreading skills to deliver documents free of grammatical and style errors.
· They should be tech-savvy, have a keen eye for detail, and quickly grasp technical knowledge.
· They should comprehend complex methods in straightforward step-by-step processes to defy the reader’s ambiguities.
· They should be exceptional at problem-solving and must possess a mind that exhibits patience and persistence.
· Since an entry-level technical writer must coordinate with SMEs, experienced technical writers, and other stakeholders, they should display outstanding communication skills.
· They should be able to correlate their ideas and communicate them logically.
· They should use proper layouts and indentation rules in their documents to make them scannable and easily readable.
· An entry-level tech writer should be able to strategically highlight high-value information in their content.
· They should have the ability to craft easily searchable content by labeling indexes, tables of content, roadmaps, etc.
· They must be well-coordinated, agile, highly responsive, and bound to deliver results the way customers and stakeholders want.
· They should be able to meet deadlines and handle the stress that comes with them.
· Technical writers deal with digital tools that help them write and improve their documents. An entry-level technical writer needs to be proficient in tools like MS Office.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Bachelors (16 years of education)
Faaz Consulting LLC