Foodistan is a startup looking to launch initially as a food-guide then branching out further to evolve the entire restaurant experience in Pakistan. The food-guide aims to uplift the local food selection and ordering experience in an extremely unconventional fashion by providing a platform to the consumers where they can explore all choices available to them and make the best one for themselves, family and friends.
Looking for a videographer will primarily be responsible for shooting and editing videos. As part of this role the candidate will also be required to contribute towards concepting, directing and filming as well as motion graphics. They will essentially be the project manager for each video production. These will involve mainly work in our office and video shoots all over Karachi.
This demanding and varied role requires a committed and responsible person with excellent communication and organizational skills. Leadership and motivational qualities are essential, as is the ability to multi-task and prioritize work. The nature of work entails many out of office hours including evenings and weekends, for which time off in lieu may be taken.
[Must be flexible with willingness to work weekends, evenings and during campaign periods]
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- The ability to edit video recordings to a very high standard in order to produce material for social media projects pertaining to the food industry.
- The ability to create and edit motion graphics to an excellent standard using a variety of software listed (but not limited to) below:
- Adobe After Effects o Adobe Premiere Pro o Final Cut Pro X (Mac)
- To be able to deliver Broadcast Quality production including TV Ads and short documentaries
- Required to have knowledge and understanding of most matters relating to videography, Photography, lighting for capturing stills
- Required to have knowledge and understanding of various filming techniques such as Indoor
- and outdoor filming, ‘filming on the go’, interview based filming.
- Set up and operate various production equipment including cameras, audio, video recorders, lighting equipment and microphones for location and studio production.
- To work closely with the Fundraising and Marketing Team in order to deliver creative and original ideas and write good quality scripts
- Assist in developing interview questions and storyboards
- Will need to use a good level of Photoshop skills to be able to retouch, create cut-outs, resize and save out stills in the correct formats
- To be able to determine what camera equipment are necessary and obtain equipment
- Accurately archive existing video assets. Create archiving standards for future use, such as naming conventions and file size/type requirements.
(E) = Essential (D) = Desirable
Qualification & Training
- Applicant will need to present a video portfolio of original work (E)
- A University Degree preferably in a Film/production related field (D)
- A relevant qualification in video editing/videography (D)
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate proven experience in Video Editing (E)
- Experience in Videography (D)
- Experience in food videography (D)
- Experience of working in a corporate environment (D)
- High proficiency in using Apple Mac & PC computers (E)
- High proficiency in using:
- Adobe After Effects (E) o Adobe Premiere Pro (E) o Final Cut Pro X (Mac) (E)
- Excellent time management and organisation skills (E)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously (E)
- The ability to plan, schedule and meet deadlines (E)
- To be able to deliver content to various social media platforms e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. (E)
- Basic level knowledge of using Photoshop or photo editing suits. (E)
- Experience in editing both long & short form video content (E)
- Creative thinking, script writing, creative writing and storytelling (D)
Knowledge and experience of sourcing video material/footages from a wide range of open sourced as well as licenced video/image libraries (D)
What to expect:
If you are somebody with a creative flare, passionate about your work and hungry for growth this is an absolutely right opportunity for you to take on. Candidates can expect growth alongside the company’s growth.