Gaditek is searching for a battle-hardened Associate Agile Manager for one of its core business units. The Agile Manager will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Once you are here, you will:
- Plan, lead, organize, and motivate Agile project teams.
- Achieve a high level of performance and quality.
- Deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users.
- Play a number of different roles at the enterprise and team level.
At an enterprise level, potential roles include:
- Leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects. The projects may consist of multiple Agile teams and require integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
At a team level, potential roles include:
- Playing a consultative role to put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools, to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- Coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Planning and Management:
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings.
- Prepare and distribute progress reports.
- Manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work.
- Leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work, and mentoring and developing team members.
Product Owner Support:
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system.
Process Management and Improvement:
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
Experience & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5-7 years of experience
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus.
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business need with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 1+ years of experience as an Asst.
- Project Manager managing projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel.
- A balanced business/technical background.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Assemble. Other tools may include Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools.
- Familiar with OKR methodology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.