In a Nutshell:
The QA Architect is responsible for ensuring that product features and initiatives are delivered to world-class quality standards that our customers expect. Also responsible for driving automation of regression testing and/or product testing, establishing and monitoring quality process and standards, ensuring the user stories and requirements are testable and lead testing scenarios identification and testing coordination on large programs.
Why is this role important for GADITEK’s work?
The day to day Duties and Responsibilities of the Position are as follows:
- Design, develop and implement manual and/or automated testing strategies and frameworks with the full alignment of agile concepts across organization.
- Establish a team that assists in implementing the testing strategy, automation frameworks, non-functional testing, performance testing etc.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate tools for manual/automated testing and performance testing.
- Design, develop and execute QA processes having good understanding of products’ functional knowledge.
- Provide leadership in the area of QA, Test Automation and Performance Testing by mentoring and grooming engineers.
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Assist developers in implementing unit testing.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current testing tools and other technology advances.
- Work with development managers, architects and software developers in implementing CI/CD within the organization.
- Assist the implementation of DevOps.
- Expert on product specifications, functionality and product domain. Identifies and suggests improvements in workflows and proposed business solutions.
- Reviews and suggests improvements in product-specific test-data.
- Understand the need for skills sets require for QA and testing and suggest appropriate measures to fulfil the requirements. This may include; hiring appropriate engineers, hiring fresh graduates and train them according to the need, train existing engineers etc.
- May work with development managers in developing and implementing dynamic test strategies and approaches that support agile principles.
- May be asked to work with development managers in the professional/technical growth of QA and test engineers.
- Organize in-house training and workshops and suggest appropriate measures to development managers that help to improve the skills set of QA engineers.
- Conduct interviews and assist HR in the hiring of QA engineers with the required skills set.
Once you are here, you will:
- Lead the team in measuring supplier performance, root cause issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- Inspire team to formulate comprehensive negotiation strategies to secure required network performance with best in class pricing and industry-leading contractual terms and conditions. Develop negotiations approach, must/want and concession positions, and acceptable terms and conditions through to closure.
- The person in this role will be responsible for development and execution of sourcing and performance managing service provider/carrier suppliers, as well as working closely with our Systems team to ensure capacity objectives are met for our global network infrastructure.
- Lead supplier selection process; negotiate contracts for new network access equipment, IP, transit, bandwidth, and collocation services.
- Develop and manage to key performance metrics for all suppliers in the service provider/carrier category.
- Understand current and future requirements based on our internal systems and network stats, and develop scalable and cost-efficient solutions for our global network as well as ensure invoice and payments are aligned with commercial terms.
- Monitor new technologies and industry trends and develop recommendations for senior management.
- Research, develop and document new products and tools as necessary.
- Competitors network analysis and comparison with our global network.
- Ensure IP resources acquisition from RIR and IP inventory management.
- Be accountable to keep the network cost to the lowest in the industry and ensure 100% customer satisfaction through innovative strategies and negotiation skills.
- Keep a check on competitors, suppliers, and their performance and user satisfaction.
What does GADITEK offer you?
GADITEK is a new age company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market and in this age. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work, in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the top IT and technology companies in Pakistan.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that will require you to put your existing body of knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and helps us go to new places.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience of planning, executing and validating tests across the full test spectrum (functional, non-functional, regression, integration, UAT, Security testing etc)
- Experience in developing APIs and back-end services displaying innovation in designing process improvements
- Working knowledge of at least two programming languages (e.g. Java, Go, Python)
- Experience in developing and running a Continuous Integration system
- Experience with test automation of one or more: iOS (Quick, Nimble), JS (Grunt, Karma, Mocha), Android (Mockito/Powermock, Robolectric)
- Other tools may include ;
- Keep QA team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Capable of identifying potential gaps in communication and taking necessary remedial measures.
- Possesses excellent writing skills and is able to effectively conduct training sessions for a wide variety of audience.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remain at the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Ensures early identification of potential technical and non-technical issues within the team and brings them to effective closure.
- Capable of leading multiple teams across multiple projects. Proven track record of leading initiatives with successful results.
- Facilitate effective team interaction.
- Acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilize each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Keep track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
Planning and Organizing
- Able to effectively delegate tasks to team members where required.
- Capable of developing, reviewing and monitoring plans for implementation of all required product features for the entire team
- Able to satisfactorily manage expectations with regards to any assignment through effective planning and organization of required tasks
- Conduct effective performance evaluations and mentors QA Engineers developers through formal and informal channels.
- Seek and participates in personal development opportunities above and beyond training
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Lead internal teams/task forces.
- Review the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Comply with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- At least sixteen years of academic education with a bachelor’s degree in any of the QA / software development related disciplines.
- A master’s degree in QA / software development discipline will be preferred.
- Any renowned certifications in related technologies.