1) Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood and urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases, and enter findings into computer.
2) Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
3) Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices
.4) Analyze and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
5) Perform medical research to further control and cure disease.
6) Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
7) Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
8) Examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.