Reference No. FABRIC 2020/005
The Technical Advisor Regional Exchange & Dialogue will be responsible for supporting the implementation of programme activities in the context Textile Cluster focusing on FABRIC - Fostering and Advancing Sustainable Business and Responsible Industrial Practices in Clothing Industry in Asia:
- Supporting the Component Leader in the daily management of the FABRIC programme and facilitating the implementation of regional exchange, dialogue and cooperation activities with various stakeholders;
- Providing efficient support to the project partners for achievement of the programme objectives with regards to a regional exchange, dialogue and cooperation considering interventions of Textile Cluster;
- Facilitating the team in implementing Change Management Strategies (Capacity Development, Dialogue for Compliance, Multipliers, Communities of Practice etc.) with the stakeholders and showcasing best practices among stakeholders within and outside of Pakistan;
- Operationalizing and guiding various forum and dialogue platforms supported by Textile Cluster and engage stakeholders in executing action plans
- Executing FABRIC programmatic activities in Pakistan under Textile Cluster;
- Sustaining the knowledge management of the component
The Technical Advisor Regional Exchange & Dialogue will be performing the following tasks:
1. Management tasks
- Managing the overall implementation of Change Management Strategies within the textile/ garment or neighboring industries (shoes, leather, sports goods) value chain as per interventions of FABRIC programme as well as in the broader context of Textile Cluster;
- Providing support to the component in the context of multiplication and scaling up, including the support to develop operational plans, monitoring and evaluation of interventions;
- Developing and continuously revising the interventions and work packages to execute the Change Management Strategies for new partners, regional exchange and dialogue; this includes the introduction of exchange mechanisms, guidelines to implement work plans, orientation methods, and work processes;
- Hiring short term experts to support the implementation of Change Management Strategies, guide them in developing work plans and monitor their performance in the context of impact;
- Introducing measures and activities for regional exchange and cooperation, focusing on innovation and digitization.
2. Professional advisory tasks
- Identifying areas of cooperation in the textile sector and introduce various forum and dialogue platforms to facilitate exchange, learning and cooperation among stakeholders within and outside Pakistan;
- Developing a framework to strengthen the ‘Community of Practices’ among stakeholders focusing on labour inspections, labour productivity & compliance, environment & resource management, private sector engagement, gender equality and other priority topics of Textile Cluster;
- Preparing and executing the action plans and follow-up measures from the various forum and dialogue platforms via engaging stakeholders;
- Engaging local and international brands through dialogue platforms and consultations;
- Advising and implementing FABRIC programmatic activities in Pakistan and connect the activities with regional exchange and dialogue with other countries;
- Planning and conducting surveys, feedback and studies regarding lessons learnt and best practices in collaboration with other regions within and outside Pakistan;
- Facilitating policy measures relevant to Textile Cluster and engaging the public sector on a provincial and federal level for the regional cooperation, exchange and dialogue;
- Engaging stakeholders in the events, conferences, workshops and activities of FABRIC.
3. Knowledge management
- Supporting the knowledge management within GIZ to further develop the Change Management Strategies;
- Supporting the involvement of partner factories of previous GIZ projects in knowledge sharing in the textile and garment industry and among multipliers;
- Guiding the communication team in developing PR material to communicate the project benefits;
- Assisting in communicating, updating and collecting information on the stakeholders;
- Keeping updated project/programme documentation;
- Supporting the preparation of business cases both for multipliers or intermediaries as well as partner factories to develop business models and case studies to successfully institutionalize the Change Management Strategies.
4. Other duties/additional tasks.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the superior/management;
- Carry out translation for international experts, when required.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
University degree in management sciences, environmental, textile or garment engineering, or economics from a reputed university or similar qualification of a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of working experience of which 3 years on stakeholder’s coordination/ cooperation, marketing, communication and public relations;
- Proven experience in establishing an interactive dialogue platform and change processes through exchange between multiple stakeholders;
- Proven experiences in working with different stakeholder groups like public and private sectors (unskilled worker to top-management level of organizations), and decision makers;
- Familiar with monitoring and evaluation systems and performance measurement approaches.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with high outputs of high quality;
- Excellent working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Excellent command of the English (speaking and writing) and Urdu language;
- Very good management and organizational skills as well as a high preference for accuracy and quality are a must;
- Strong skills in stakeholder relationship management;
- Willingness to travel when required;
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.