Reference No. TVET-SSP 2021/062
The Technical Advisor Reintegration, M&E:
- Does research, compiles, and makes available relevant information on offers and actors in social and professional reintegration in the country.
- Facilitates technical team to provide country-specific information pertaining to migrants intending to return and/or already returned from Germany, GCC and other countries.
- Prepares and presents under the supervision of the National Coordinator Reintegration policy recommendations based on research and analyses.
- Supports the National Coordinator Reintegration in project planning and concept design, including the preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation.
- Under the supervision of the National Coordinator Reintegration coordinates with other GIZ projects in the reintegration activities, particularly with PME and TextILES.
- Does research on available and required reintegration offers in Pakistan.
- Conducts research, compiles, and makes available relevant information, offers and actors in legal migration and reintegration offers (business start-up, micro-financing opportunities, job placement, vocational training, psychosocial support and others) in Pakistan.
- Supports capacity and knowledge building of national counterparts through job trainings, workshops on knowledge sharing and reports and setting up activities to the benefit of (returning) migrants.
- Ensures a good communication and information flow within the module and within GIZ and with all local and international partners.
- Facilitates the Technical Advisor Communication and Visibility in the application of communication and visibility guidelines from the programme and from GIZ.
- Supports the exchange and cooperation with the reintegration scouts (e.g. exchanging information on cases, conducting skype calls, participation in Jour fixe etc.)
- Updates relevant folders of the GIZ (DMS and Public Folder) knowledge management to facilitate access to key information for tenders and other purposes such as project references, performance confirmations from clients etc.
1. Monitoring and Evaluation
The Technical Advisor Reintegration, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Supports National Coordinator, relevant partners and private sector organizations to jointly plan and coordinate activities implementation in selected economic sectors in cooperation with technical team.
- Provides technical input in the development of a result model for the component and align it according to the programme result model.
- Contributes to the monitoring working group within the module and with GIZ and with all local and international partners in the appropriate structures.
- Coordinates with the monitoring working group on programme level to establish a result-based monitoring system of the activities and outputs to be achieved in cooperation with the technical team.
- Coordinates/ moderates periodic monitoring meeting, management meetings, where team discusses technical contents.
- Prepares aggregated data and creates impact reports and briefers for the component and the module.
- Enters case data in the existing case management tool and data sheets used by the programme and maintaining the data base for existing cases.
- Supports the team members in tracking the number of beneficiaries in their specific sectors.
- Maintains data and documents in a digital M&E system and in the GIZ document repository.
- Advises on the preparation of new activities and activities partnerships, e.g. with regards to the definition of impact indicators, the collection of baseline data, the creation of monitoring plans, etc.
- Interprets and performs quality control of quantitative and qualitative monitoring data on effects.
- Prepares of impact data for communication purposes.
- Supports with reporting and statements to different clients.
- Advises the team colleagues and the implementation partners on data collection and presentation.
- Supports the National Coordinator at the component level with internal knowledge management, risk monitoring, briefing and presentation.
- Compiles the data for the monthly special reporting to GIZ Hs and for the Donor.
- Supports the National Coordinator, involved organizations, enterprises, institutes in the implementation of the training, career advisory and employment promotion activities.
2. Coordination, Knowledge Management and Programme Management
- Ensures quality management, assures a proper communication and documentation of the implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with partner institutions and conducting activities according to implementation plan; coordinates with partners advisory structures.
- Is Responsible for cross-cutting topics related to employability of migrants and others within the programme in Pakistan
- Documents and reports regularly on the status of operational results, adapt this documentation to the different needs of donors of the programme and other stakeholders
- Contributes substantially for reporting to donors through the module’s PMU.
- Works as a focal point for the module’s Programme Management Unit (PMU).
- Supports the National Coordinator in the management of the team through planning and reporting activities.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures for the work of the entire team in collaboration with the National Coordinator.
- Assists in the Case Management Tool and reports numbers on monthly basis
- Compiles information on his/her assigned area of responsibility and ensures knowledge transfer among stakeholders, and within the programme
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals, and procedures.
- Is responsible for tracking the cases as well as regularly updating the report and follow-up returnee data sheet and ensures sharing the updates with all concerned (Reintegration Scouts, Component Manager & Advisors)
- Substantially supports the drawing up of reports, concept notes and presentation documents.
- Prepares appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports required by the management and GIZ head office; prepares reports on activities implemented, experiences made with the target groups and on the cooperation with stakeholders, assists with research activities and studies on the assigned area of responsibility.
- Supports the National Coordinator in the programme management, such as the development of operational plans, procurement activities, drafting reports, TORs and technical concepts, coordination with the technical team and monitoring related tasks.
- Assists the National Coordinator in procurement activities.
- Helps to develop and execute communication products in close coordination with the Technical Advisor Communication & Visibility, designing for outreach activities for the target group.
- Informs the National Coordinator Reintegration on governmental activities on programme-related topics.
3. Stakeholder Cooperation and Coordination
- Supports the National Coordinator Reintegration in coordinating and cooperating with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders (including civil society, research institutes, business and other projects and donors) to maintain good working relationships and to cooperate towards the component’s objectives.
- Supports the establishment of structures, processes, and communication channels with the relevant stakeholders under the supervision of the National Coordinator Reintegration.
- Coordinates under the supervision of the National Coordinator Reintegration with other GIZ projects providing reintegration services to the target group.
- Coordinates under the supervision of the National Coordinator Reintegration within the global set-up of the programme with GIZ units in HQs and in other partner countries.
- Assists in coordination matters within the relevant cluster in GIZ PAK.
- Supports the National Coordinator Reintegration and the AV TVET-SSP in suggesting strategic policy advice to government counterparts, donors and other partners on issues related to the immigration.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the direct superior and programme management.
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Masters’ degree in social sciences or any other project related field; qualification in business administration (equivalent of MBA).
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a mid-level comparable position.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the migration related projects/ organizations.
- Work experience in project management and monitoring and evaluation considered an asset.
- Experience in an international working environment
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Highly motivated and service oriented.
- Very good management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Language skills: Urdu (fluent spoken and written); English (very good command in speaking and writing).
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, email, the internet) and computer applications, MS Office; high command of Excel; experiences with data base applications
- Knowledge on economic and social reintegration measures and landscape in Pakistan.
- Familiarity with the administrative, political and policy environment in Pakistan and in the region.
- Ability to impart training and capacity development sessions.
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of flexibility, ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on privacy and protection of sensitive personal data and information.
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications. Proficient knowledge of MS Office including the data analyses/processing packages.
- Very good interpersonal skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships with partners, officials, media, and civil society.
- Ability to work within an inter/cross-cultural environment and in a politically sensitive context.