Business Development Officer will be responsible for a defined territory in which they will be responsible for researching and connecting with local high-end Salon, Beauty Parlors and Spas for the purpose of introducing our Product Line, leaving samples for testing and experimenting leading up to establishing a working relationship with the business and taking initial and repeat orders for both consumer and Salon use.Essential Responsibilities:
- Research and locate potential Beauty Parlors, Salons and Spas who can potentially work with our line
- Contact the Salon owners / Managers / Stylists and arrange a meeting to present the line
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Attends scheduled product and procedural trainings and is accountable to keep up to date on all products and procedures.
- Attends regularly scheduled sales meeting of which sometimes involves travel.
- Builds on existing route and reorganizes it as accounts are added.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Expand Salons within our existing account base as well as, aggressively opens new doors.
- Communicates orders to customer service via: phone, e-mail, or text.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and payment options.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's delivery schedules and communication with customer service and warehousing.
- Provides weekly work reports to your supervisor detailing new openings, new promos sold in, challenges, and things to follow up on.
- Conducts basic product knowledge training on new products sold in and coordinates customer training with brand educators on more complex products.
- Ensures that proper paperwork is forwarded to customer service for each account within his/her assigned territory.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
The company will provide extensive education on the complete lines and the products, support the Sales consultant with educational materials for the prospects and also provide samples for testing. Job Requirements:
- Proven 2+ experience in the Beauty industry specifically in Sales
- Background in Styling / Hairdressing - bonus
- Team Spirit and positive attitude
- Willingness to do the research and follow up to maintain proper relations with prospects/customers * Proven ability to meet goals and expectations
Education:*The person in this role is responsible for having reliable transportation.
- Sales: 3-5 years (Required)
- Retail sales/ Professional sales in Hair care industry: 2 years (Required)