We are looking for a Senior Web Developer to build and maintain functional web pages and applications.
Ultimately, you will ensure our web pages are up and running and cover both internal and customer needs.
· Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
· Prioritize software development projects, set timelines and assign tasks to team members
· Create wireframes to decide on layout
· Write or review code for various applications
· Run functionality testing’s and debug code
· Oversee junior web developers and evaluate their performance
· Liaise with designers to decide on UI/UX elements (like graphics and navigation buttons)
· Ensure our software documentation is up-to-date
· Collaborate with mobile developers to build mobile-responsive websites
· Relational database experience is a plus.
· An understanding of automated testing and when it’s an asset and when it’s a liability.
· Clear, concise coding skills. Your code is more often described as "clean and elegant" than "clever."
· 5+ years of experience developing Web Applications.
· 5+ years of experience in Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS, Jquery
· Complete understanding of Responsive Design and comfortable using frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap.
· Significant experience writing and maintaining client-side tests using frameworks such as Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, Jest, or Selenium WebDriver.
· Solid understanding of version control tools (ideally Git).
· Experience with or understanding of web servers (i.e. Apache, Nginx).
· Understanding of back-end technologies and comfortable working with back-end developers. Java knowledge a plus.
· Knowledge of modern authentication mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and JSON Web Token.
· Experience working in Agile teams comprised of 5-8 cross-skilled engineers.
· Exposure to Docker or container-based application deployment a plus.
· Experience in CI/CD tools (CircleCI, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc).
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, Rollup, NPM, etc.
· PHP frameworks like Laravel, Yii, Codeigniter and
· Strong knowledge of CMS tools (Wordpress, Boggcommerce, Shopify )
- Offers time and/or assistance to colleagues; is widely regarded and respected as someone to go to for help
- Fosters friendly and cooperative relationships with others; colleagues enjoy working with the
- Shares knowledge and mentors staff; works to develop others’ knowledge as well as own
- Gives and shares credit as appropriate
- Contributes to recruiting and training efforts of others, including candidate referrals, job interviews and mentoring
- Attends and participates in company and department level functions inside and outside of the office
Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- Demonstrates an understanding of the urgent nature of our business and the need to proactively find and fix problems quickly and effectively takes ownership and follows through on decisions; doesn’t minimize or forget about problems
- Determines and fixes root causes rather than just treating symptoms
- Applies novel techniques to solve problems that are more ambiguous; challenges long-held beliefs when necessary
- Quickly and effectively identifies alternative solutions and the pros/cons of each; confirms that a proposed solution has no unintended consequences
- Takes steps to mitigate risk
- Consults with colleagues and recommends solutions based on the best interests of customers and shareholders, even when the opinion is unpopular
- Actively listens and speaks to, not over, others
- Uses clear and constructive language orally and in writing
- Communicates important developments to the relevant and appropriate audiences in a timely and consistent manner
- Asks follow-up questions to ensure all points are understood
- Takes time to objectively listen to all viewpoints before forming an opinion
- Builds consensus among differing views
Professionalism & Integrity
- Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person, including maintaining attire and appearance that is consistent with company image and appropriate for employee’s role
- Models a ‘can-do’ attitude and takes initiative as a self-starter; inspires and motivates others to do the same
- Embraces, rather than resists, additional responsibilities
- Refrains from office gossip; settles rather than creates conflict with and between others
- Exhibits desired work habits including regular office hours and extra hours when necessary while minimizing breaks and non-work related activities
- Adheres to all corporate policies; makes prudent use of company resources