· Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
· Automate, release and configuration management of production systems.
· Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
· System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
· Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
· Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
· Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
· AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, Code Pipeline, Code Deplay, ECS, ECR, Cloud Formation KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
· DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
· Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
· CI/ CD( Jenkins)
· Operating Systems: Mac and Linux system administration.
· Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues. Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
· OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or JS).
· DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Postgres).
· Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
· Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as GIT.
· Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)