"Universal Bookkeeping" is an accounting firm providing accounting and bookkeeping services to the international as well as local clients. We are in need of experienced accountants/accounting managers who could work with us on permanent basis.
Under general supervision, create and maintain the clients accounting records using the QuickBooks Online application. Reconcile client accounts as needed. Interface with the clients, outside accounting experts such as tax CPA and auditors as needed. You will need to report to the CEO and also to the client directing about everything that comes under the scope of accounting and financial reporting. This is work from home position. Account Managers will be working online from their home office and will require the following:
Own computer or Laptop
Good internet connection
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Setup and Accounting Records:
• Create and maintain QuickBooks Online company data. Understand the account and company setup steps and maintain a general knowledge of the major areas of the QuickBooks Online application.
• Export periodic backups of the QuickBooks Online company data.
• Create and maintain vendor records, including contact information, payment terms, and any other information required.
• Create and maintain customer records including contact, delivery and payment information.
• Customize the company invoice form and other forms, such as sales receipts and estimates as needed.
• Create and maintain employees including contact information, payroll salary or rate information, and related employment data, such as W-4s and other new hire paperwork.
• Write checks in QuickBooks Online if needed
• Invoice customers. Upon approval, distribute invoices to customers via email or as required.
• Manage bills received from vendors.
• Create and maintain time tracking records, if applicable.
• Record bank transactions as needed. Download or import bank transactions into bank accounts.
• Prepare or monitor the preparation of payroll.
• Make journal entries as directed.
Reporting and Reconciliation:
• Track the cash balance and alert the client or manager with regular cash flow reports.
• Reconcile bank accounts and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts.
• Prepare 1099s for application vendors if needed.
• Make (or ensure they’re made) payroll tax deposits, and create and file (or ensure it’s done) payroll tax reports.
• Create and file sales tax reports. Interfaces and Miscellaneous:
• Make bank deposits, order checks, verify bank drafts and charges, and resolve bank errors.
• Answer questions from vendors, employees, and customers about their bills, paychecks, and invoices.
• Understand the add-ons that work with QuickBooks Online, such as payroll, credit cards, and online banking. Be knowledgeable about what’s available.
• Stay briefed on Intuit updates and news that affect the QuickBooks Online application and accounting rules and requirements.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
M.COM, MBA, ACCA, BBA/B.COM (HONS) or equivalent degree with 16 years of education in the relevant field.
Must have relevant experience of at least 3 years.
Must have excellent skill in QuickBooks Online
Good English written and verbal communication is required as you would be dealing with international clients.
A good understanding of working online, use of internet and general computer skills.
Good skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Google Docs.