· Should specialize and possess expertise in baking.
· Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cold sandwiches, bread, cakes, cookies, pies etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
· Create new and exciting recipes and modify existing menus to engage the interest of customers.
· Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
· Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
· Guide and motivate existing chefs and bakers to work more efficiently.
· Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel.
· Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
· Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities.
· Estimate food requirements and food / labor costs.
· Foresee and rectify arising problems or complaints.
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
· Other duties as assigned by the company.