What is the opportunity?
In this role, you are part of our Inventory team, an independent division within GSS Management, which works solely with Inventory maintenance. As an Inventory manager, you need to know the knowledge behind the purchases and store documentations, dealing with vendor’s evaluation and classification knowledge, inventory management, data analysis, forecasting and warehouse management. This opportunity involves building a business that fits your lifestyle and unique skill set, with the freedom and flexibility to customize solutions for your clients’ individual needs.
Responsible for the overall accuracy and efficiency of inventory counts at our commercial stores, and warehouses. The Inventory Manager must plan, coordinate, organize and conduct inventory events effectively, manage employees from multiple offices to optimize performance and achieve financial expectations. Candidates who are best suited come from Retail Management, Restaurant Management, and Warehouse Management.
Ensure each inventory meets its expected accuracy and productivity, adheres to Company Standards and is as efficient as possible. Ensure the team assigned is prepared for the count. Implement the required planning for key inventory events. Direct and supervise a team of Inventory Associates and Inventory Supervisors during an inventory event. Ensure employees have been assigned duties based on skill levels, training needs and customer requirements. Conduct quality control re-checks as necessary. Manages a regular team to optimize performance. Provide communication, and coaching as required. Encourage innovative ideas. Be proactive in anticipating, and planning for the number of employees required and the staffing requirements of the inventory events. Promote good customer service in every interaction with the customer. Ensure that the customers' expectations are met as agreed by GSS Intertrade. Exceed the customers' expectations if possible. Provide continuous feedback pertaining to all events to the Management. Assists in assessment, selection hiring and training of Inventory Associates. Holds entire team accountable to procedures and high levels of customer service at each inventory event. Requires a willingness to implement company disciplinary procedures when necessary. Responsible for pre inventory calls and/or visits are made in a timely manner. Ensures all inventory events follow the Health & Safety Policies and procedures established by the company. Maintain a safe work environment at all time.
Inventory Manager Job Duties:
· Maintaining computerized inventory records and reports on inventory levels and activity.
· Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
· Ensure the coordination with the concern department for purchase request with proper specification for the purchase of goods.
· Ability to extract quotation from vendors or subcontractors, craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
· Purchase Order processing within agreed time ensuring all the required documentation is attached with PO.
· Ensuring timely generation of “POs reports” for the management in line of Procurement Policy assigned target
· Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies.
· Reviews planned orders, create requisitions for purchased items, and manage approval process.
· Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
· Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
· Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
· Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
· Coordinating and reporting on expedited orders.
· Coordinating returns and exchanges of inventory items.
· Generating Demand (GD) as per normal routine in order to fill Re-Order Level or raise emergency GD in case of stock reduce Minimum Level.
· Preparing monthly stock report.
· Assigning item codes, stacking & putting them in order.
· Assisting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer through updating of records like open orders, closed orders, purchase log, supplier's records, stock level, GRNs, sale quantities, damaged stock and any other report.
· Verifying sales invoice (date, description, Qty, sales person name & amount).
· Receiving stock shipment(s) procured by Operations Team, counting the stock, ensuring the quality of stock, preparing Goods Receipt Note (GRN) and reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
· Performing check-ins and check-outs. Verifying order completeness and inspects for damage. Follow-up for dry and damage items and preparation of report(s).
· Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
· Inspect the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages
· Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers
· Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
· Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
· Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus
· Analyze data to anticipate future needs
· Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
· Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
· Determine optimal inventory stocking levels through analysis of usage, lead times, shelf life, for all spare parts, materials and supplies.
· Drive continuous improvement to improve department productivity, reduce manufacturing costs, reduce excess and obsolete inventory. Create and/or modify processes, documentation, work instructions and training to support continuous improvement.
· Develop and maintain an effective organization for area of responsibility by building a productive, engaged team, establishing performance standards, addressing issues real-time, measuring and monitoring employee performance, communicating effectively and coaching and developing employee skills.
· Any other job, duties and tasks assigned by the management and authorities from time to time.
· Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
A minimum two years degree in logistics, Supply chain management, relevant field, plus demonstrated management qualifications might suffice.
A minimum of five years' experience in managing a team in day-to-day operations in a fast -paced environment.
Normally requires five years supervisory experience or previous inventory experience or 4 years experience in a retail or service industry with 3-4 years operations supervisory role where you manage a team of associates in a highly productive environment with deadlines.
· Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
· Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
· Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
· An analytical mind with strong math skills
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
-Excellent interpersonal and communication 'skills" for both supervising employees and working with customers. -Must be able to process and analyze data in a computerized environment and other data entry terminals -Flexible, adaptable and innovative approach to learning and problem solving in a hands-on environment. -Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a customer focus -Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and communicate in a professional manner -Ability to implement account instructions in order to meet financial goals -Ability to adhere to department budget -Ability to hold people accountability for their work.
-Ability to motivate all direct reports to meet or exceed established financial goals. -Proficiency in a Windows environment and in personal computer usage is essential.
-Ability to multitask and delegate effectively. -Must be mentally adaptable and flexible to deal with a variety of people and changing priorities
-Must be able to handle the pressure of working to schedules, unusual hours of work, longer than normal days and deadlines
-Must be able to analyze causes of interpersonal conflict and resolve these complex issues despite ambiguities
GSS Intertrade is the leading provider for commercial products and services to the customers located throughout the Middle East & South Asia. Our vast catalogue of products is offered to all customers at the best value price, quickest delivery time, and backed with warranties and guarantees. We provide "Total Supply Chain Management" from all logistics functions: transportation by Land, Sea, or Air; Warehousing and Storage; Procurement from Local to Global Sources, & the Operational Management Structure. GSS InterTrade provides and maintains stocks of high demand from customers in the industries; food and hospitality, commercial furniture, plantation and gardening, building construction. For more information, please visit ********************************************
Safe-Environment In seeking to provide a safe work environment for all staff, GSS Intertrade maintains a violence-free work environment. Any type of violent behavior committed by or against staff members will not be tolerated. Inventory Managers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and in accordance with the Code of Conduct. Intimidating, threatening or violent behavior against other GSS staff, vendors, clients, or property, whether committed by supervisors, non-supervisory staff, or non-employees, during work or off-duty hours, will not be tolerated.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment GSS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, or any other legally-protected factors.
A new kind of management firm occupying all available technologies to deliver efficient products and services to its subsidiaries i.e. Restaurant Chains, Real Estate, Indoor/Outdoor Furniture, Gardening and Landscaping Retail centers.