The candidate will be responsible to perform strategic procurement activities across manifold categories to occupy and search better deals and find more profitable suppliers and apply inventory management, purchasing, also you will be responsible for sourcing goods, equipment, services and managing vendors. His duties will be as follows:
1. To work consistently on reducing cost and maintaining quality.
2. To develop, lead and execute procurement strategies.
3. To implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
4. To follow workflow process in line with ERP software system.
5. Manage the supply chain in the organization, including developing existing suppliers, to ensure smooth and consistent supply of both local and imported raw material and packaging material (on time in full) via system generate purchase orders.
6. Track and report key functional measurement to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
7. To manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement for the facility.
8. Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power also monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
9. To determine quantity and timing of deliveries. To maintain raw material inventory at minimum level according to lead time of procurement.
10. To perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking also assess, manage and mitigate risks.
11. To perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation, preparation of contracts and to obtain best price and services.
12. Develop supplier database and establish annual purchasing contracts for lower value, high value items.
13. To develop key relationships with reliable vendors and suppliers to improve business.
14. Analyze market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
15. Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes. To negotiate comparative prices for all existing materials.
16. To identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier.
17. To manage (guidelines/train/monitor) their subordinates about new strategies.
18. To introduce cost effective raw materials (local and imported) in coordination with technical team.
19. To liaise and look after the activities of custom clearing agents in Karachi and Lahore for Imports and Exports.
20. To ensure proper housekeeping, maintenance and raw material handling in stores including Stores operations.
21. To look after the dispatch operations.
22. To look after and negotiate logistics both inward and outward.
23. To negotiate and maintain contracts with vendors.
24. To take along and develop the Supply Chain team and get maximum output from them.
25. To maintain excellent relationship with suppliers.
26. To be knowledgable about the brandreth road, daroghawala, bilal gunj area.
Any other duties assigned by the management time to time.
Gunj Glass Works and its sister concern Ali Glass Industries are leading names in the glass manufacturing industries of the country. These industries manufacture world-class glass using Belgian technology on European/Japanese plant. Production capacity of the plants is approximately 200 tons per day ...Read More