The Accounts Executive among other duties will be responsible:
1. Organize, direct, coordinate, supervise and control operations of Payroll Section with a view to ensure timely and authorized disbursement of pay and allowances to the associates in accordance with the hotel rules.
2. Ensure that no unauthorized payment or deduction is made from pay and allowances of the associates.
3. Supervise maintenance of accurate statistical data of pay and allowances, provident fund, contribution to Employee’s Old Age Benefits Institution and Sindh Employees Social Security Institution etc.
4. Keep abreast of government regulations affecting pay and allowances and contribution to Employee’s Old Age Benefits Institution and Sindh Employees Social Security Institution.
5. Ensure that associates are given efficient personalized service on all matters relating to pay and allowances, provident fund etc.
6. Organize a proper system of drawing, handling, safe custody and deposit of cash to minimize cash losses.
7. Ensure immediate action on complaints both to the satisfaction of the associates and protection of the Hotel interests.
8. Supervise accurate and timely preparation, submission and display of all required statistical data and financial reports including payroll and reconciliation statement etc.
9. Ensure checking and verification of documents, relating to appointments, terminations, advance salary, medical allowance, bonus / ex-gratia, unclaimed salary vouchers, final settlement of account of associates etc.
10. Assist in planning and preparation of annual budget by monitoring and accumulating historical data on a day-to-day basis that will provide a sound basis for future projections.
11. Coordinate and ensure smooth functioning of the Payroll Section.
12. Organize an efficient internal check system to ensure that work is both checked and complementary to that of the previous stage.
13. Maintain laid down standards for management of performance, disciplinary and grievance issues.
14. Organize orientation of new associates; training, development and administration of all associates of Payroll Section so that they can perform their functions effectively.
15. Set a personal example for the associates by consistent and impartial behavior in all personnel matters, including discipline through respect.
16. Provide necessary feedback on all important activities to the Accounts Manager / Finance Controller.
17. Attend departmental meetings to review procedures and events that warrant careful handling and detailed explanation.
18. Perform all such functions as may be incidental or ancillary to the above functions.
19. Perform any other function as may be assigned by the management.
20. Abide by the policies, rules and regulations of the Hotel on various issues / matters and Marriott Standard Operating Procedures.