Responsible for the operations of the Health Club. Through her management and supervision she will strive to ensure optimum performance and service ability of all electrical / mechanical system / equipment and premises of the Health Club, so as to attain maximum membership at high rates while providing highest possible level of service to achieve highest guest satisfaction.
The Sports & Leisure Club Manager among other duties will be responsible:
- Responsible for organizing, directing, coordinating, supervising and controlling operations of Heath Club. Ensure optimum performance and serviceability of all electrical mechanical systems / equipment and premises of the Health Club, so as to attain maximum membership at high rates while providing highest possible level of service to achieve highest guest satisfaction.
- Achieving the laid down objectives, introducing appropriate changes and improvements, and maintaining quality services.
- Develop good relations with his counterparts in S&L clubs of competitive hotels.
- Planning and preparation of annual budget of maintenance and servicing, by monitoring and accumulating historical data on a day to day basis that will provide a sound basis for future projections. Assist in monitoring and controlling, on ongoing basis maintenance and servicing costs to ensure performance against budget.
- Carryout critical analysis of performance and rates of membership of Health Club vis-à-vis Health Clubs of competitive hotels and other Health Club in the market.
- Organize the system for storage / delivery of valuables found in the Health Club both to the satisfaction of the guests and without causing any legal liability of the hotel.
- Organize security of the Health Club and storage of keys so as to ensure security of hotel assets and guest property. No authorized person is to be allowed entry in Health Club.
- Organize the system at the swimming pool so as to provide highest possible level of service without endangering safety of life and property, to achieve highest guest satisfaction.
- Constantly review the condition and performance of all electrical / mechanical systems / equipment and premises of the Health Club, so as to arrange for its timely maintenance and servicing or replacement so as prevent adverse effects on operational efficiency.
- Ensure record of all incoming and outgoing electrical / mechanical equipment is maintained.
- Maintain strict supervision over the documentation of maintenance and servicing operations, in the corresponding logbooks.
- Ensure proper handling of all electrical / mechanical systems / equipment, by training of associates and guests, so as to avoid unfair wear and tear of systems / equipment and to prevent accidents causing damage to life and property.
- Ensure immediate action on guest complaints both to the satisfaction of the guests and the protection of the Hotel.
Set clear objectives, introduce appropriate changes and improvements and maintain quality services by:-
- Identifying needs and establishing guest requirements.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the service.
- Assessing benefits or disadvantages of proposed changes.
- Negotiating and agreeing areas of change.
- Ensuring appropriate resources are available.
- Monitoring the services provided against objectives and quality standards.
- Plan & prepare annual budget by monitoring and accumulating historical data on a day to day basis which will provide a sound basis for future projections and keeping in view budget for current year, plan and schedule renovations and maintenance of guest rooms and other areas, guest amenities and maintenance supplies / equipment. Ensure financial discipline and cost effectiveness at all levels in the department.
- Ensure cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep of the entire hotel including furniture, fixtures, plants and carpets in accordance with the standards an procedures laid down with Marriott standard operating procedures to provide a clean, well maintained product so as to meet or exceed expectations of customers.
- Define & provide a minimum standard for amenities, supplies and linen to be provided in the VIP / Standard type of guest rooms based on the report of the front office keeping in view the standards and procedures laid down with Marriott Standard operating procedures.
- Organize fumigation of the health club in collaboration with the contractor.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly cleaned and maintained.
- Organize orientation of new associates and training and development of all associates so that they can perform their functions more effectively.
- Set a personal example for the associates by consistent and impartial behavior in all personnel matters, including discipline through respect.
- Perform all such functions as may be incidental or ancillary to the above functions.
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the management.
- Provide necessary feedback on all important activities to the General Manager / Rooms Division Manager.
- Abide by the policies, rules and regulations of the Hotel on various issues / matters and Marriott Standard Operating Procedures.