GENERAL FUNCTION & PURPOSE
· To co-ordinate an effective and efficient Payroll Management / Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the Division, based on the principles of Multi Skilling and Multi-Tasking.
· To ensure that the departmental cost and expenses are well controlled and share the financial responsibility with front office department.
· To ensure that each place of work in the housekeeping department is managed by a Management Team who are totally accountable for their expenses and profitability.
· To set, in close conjunction with each Assistant Executive Housekeeper /Laundry Manager, annual operating budgets, which will form part of the Hotel’s Annual Business Plan?
· To monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them. To establish an integrated cost management plan through product lining, minimal inventories, and joint procurement with sister hotels and Delivery on Demand where possible and cost effective.
· To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
· To monitor all costs and recommend / institute measures to control them.
· To prepare monthly forecasts and schedule resources accordingly.
· To analyze and report on a monthly basis the profit and loss statements
· To ensure that all the housekeeping department is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Minimum Standards
· To assist in the implementation of a flexible employee base, with the right mix of Full Time and Contractual employees. To allocate employees over the Division based on established business levels for that day.
· To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance daily.
· To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
· To monitor service and rooms standards in all work place. To work with Front Office Manager, Assistant Managers, Laundry Manager and Room Service Manager to take corrective action where necessary.
· To be available and on duty during peak periods
· To conduct frequent and thorough inspections together with the Assistant Executive Housekeeper in Housekeeping Department related to standard and cleanliness of the hotel.
· To handle guest and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
· To communicate with Purchasing Department to ensure the punctual ordering of guest supplies, cleaning supplies and ensures the proper handling and storing.
· To be responsible for the inventory of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, printing and stationary of the rooms, linen, uniforms and ordering and replacement when necessary.
· To communicate with the Florist on hotel floral arrangements and ensure their proper arrangement and maintenance.
· To communicate with the hotels Contracted Company for Pest Control to ensure that an effective program is instituted and maintained.
· To keep informed of the housekeeping standards of competitor hotels.
· To assist the Food and Beverage department as necessary in providing uniforms and decoration for special theme parties and other promotions.
· To ensure proper handling and control of Lost and Found items.
· To initiate and coordinate a monthly Engineering, Food and Beverage meeting in order to establish the correct priorities and that the Hotel will proceed with the most important items with regards to the maintenance of the Hotel.
· To implement a consistent Guest recognition program and maintain a relevant Guest database
· To assist with recruitment, select and train Housekeeping Department Assistant EHK and Supervisory employees who are able to work within the decentralized management philosophy, following the Concepts Statement established and the Financial, Operational and Administrative philosophies outlined above and who understand and support Hashoo Philosophy of Multi Skilling and Multi-Tasking.
· To ensure that each Housekeeping / Laundry – Assistant Manager, Supervisor plans and implements effective training programs for their staff with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
· To ensure that each Housekeeping / Laundry – Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Supervisors of Department maximizes productivity and morale with their respective departments and consistently maintain discipline following Hotel Policies & Procedures and local legislation.
· To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees through Multi Skilling, Multi-Tasking and flexible scheduling and by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
· To develop Departmental Trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with Departmental Trainers monthly.
· To conduct yearly performance appraisal and give employees regular feedback on their job performance
· To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
· To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
· To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel's Employee Rules & Regulations and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control
· To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
· To ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and results oriented.
· To ensure that deadlines on all projects are met.
· To prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with workload and priorities
· To establish a rapport with Guests maintaining good customer relationship and handle all Guest complaints, requests and enquiries on rooms and hotel related service and product.
· To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
· To ensure that the Housekeeping Department Team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
· To ensure that all V.I.P. rooms, Special request rooms, Long Stay Guest rooms and VIP arrivals are checked and in line with the standard set-up by the hotel.
· To ensure that no defect or dirty rooms are sold to a Guest.
· To work closely with Front Office and Engineering Department to ensure that rooms are blocked accordingly for maintenance.
· To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
· To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
· To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
· To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the outlet and all other departments.
· To fully support the Departmental Training Function in the Department assigned.
· To respond to any changes in the Housekeeping Department function as dictated by the hotel.
· To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
· To have a complete understanding of the Income Audit Section in the Operations Manual and Policies & Procedures.
· To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.