Responsible for the operations of the Laundry Department. Through his management and supervision the Laundry Manager will strive to achieve maximum productivity of both machines and associates in delivering the highest quality product to attain maximum sales and highest guest satisfaction.
The Laundry Manager among other duties will be responsible:
1. Organize, direct, coordinate, supervise and control operations of Laundry Department to provide efficient laundry services to in-house guests and customers to achieve highest guest satisfaction and maximize sales.
2. Set clear objectives, introduce appropriate changes and improvements, and maintain quality services by :-
a) Identifying needs and establishing guest requirements.
b) Identifying opportunities to improve the service.
c) Assessing benefits or disadvantages of proposed changes.
d) Negotiating and agreeing areas of change.
e) Ensuring appropriate resources are available.
f) Monitoring the service provided against objectives and quality standards.
3. Plan and prepare annual budget by monitoring and accumulating historical data on a day-to-day basis which will provide a sound basis for future projections. Monitor and control, on an ongoing basis departmental costs to ensure performance against budget.
4. Carry out critical analysis of performance and rates of the department vis-à-vis laundry departments of competitive hotels and other launders in the market.
5. Ensure that guests are given efficient personalized service according to their choice. Consistently pay cordial attention to all the guests. Special attention to be paid to VIP / Long Staying / Repeat / Elderly / Children / Disabled / Visitors from different cultural backgrounds / Overseas Visitors / Unaccompanied Lady guests.
6. Ensure payment acceptance and credit policies of the hotel are rigidly followed in order to minimize uncollectible bills.
7. Establish procedure for proper handling of cash, checks, petty cash vouchers and other vouchers in a safe and secure manner to minimize cash losses.
8. Organize the system for safe storage / delivery of valuables found from the laundry items both to the satisfaction of the guests and without causing any legal liability of the hotel.
9. Organize security of the department / shop, appropriate and safe handling of equipment and chemicals, so as to ensure safety and security of associates, guest property and hotel assets. No unauthorized person is to be allowed entry in the department / shop.
10. Organize the functioning of valet boy to provide efficient services of collection / delivery of laundry items from / to guest rooms, to achieve high level of satisfaction of in-house guests.
11. Organize an efficient laundry shop to provide high standard of services to customers.
12. Organize maintenance of up-to-date computerized statistical data, records and display boards so as to ensure maximum productivity and cost effectiveness.
13. Ensure reduced costs through safety procedures and productivity.
14. Organize inspection of laundry items before and after laundry / pressing to ensure high standard of productivity and segregation for normal or special treatment.
15. Ensure security of all laundry formulae and that those were followed.
16. Ensure that claims arising due to loss / damage of clothing / linen are kept to the minimum and settled expeditiously.
17. Ensure immediate action on guest complaints both to the satisfaction of the guests and protection of the Hotel interests before the guest leaves the hotel. Major complaints should be immediately brought to the notice of the General Manager.
18. Maintain laid down standards for recruitment, selection, management of performance, disciplinary and grievance issues.
19. Organize orientation of new associates and training and development of all associates so that they can perform their functions more effectively.
20. Set a personal example for the associates by consistent and impartial behavior in all personnel matters, including discipline through respect.
21. Organize regular department meetings each month to review procedures and events that warrant careful handling and detailed explanation.
22. Perform all such functions as may be incidental or ancillary to the above functions.
23. Perform any other function as may be assigned by the management.
24. Provide necessary feedback on all important activities to the Rooms Division Manager / General Manager.
25. Abide by the policies, rules and regulations of the Hotel on various issues / matters and Marriott Standard Operating Procedures.