Purpose of the Post
To maximize the impact of HELP IN NEED emergency and development programme and interventions. Also, in case of a humanitarian crisis, by developing and delivering effective media and communication strategies and products, particularly with the national and international media
To ensure that media and communications work delivers good quality internal / external products, high profiling of the organization, campaigns and strategies that lead to change in policies and practices affecting the marginalized and poor people in Pakistan
1. Write, edit, and disseminate content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
2. Contribute ideas and input into national media strategies and activities relating to project
3. Ensure brand development and image building of HIN across the board and in sector
4. Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
5. Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
6. Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
7. Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
8. Proficiency in design and publishing software.
9. Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
10. To ensure that media spokesperson are properly briefed for media appearances.
11. To set by example, high standards of communications work within the team by often providing copy and audio-visual material for print and electronic publications.
12. Develop and enhance standard operating procedures for media, communications and public relations.
1. capacity-building of his/ her subordinates project staff on relevant media jobs and interventions
Networking – Representation – Liaison:
1. Establish appropriate networking with the media person/ forums and networks
2. Provide assistance to project coordinator to present reports in relevant forums in his/ her absence
3. Establish internal networking with teams and organization department to have a better implementation of communication plan
4. Actively contribute to decision-making process within HIN by way of exchanging information, collecting data and information from other stakeholders and ensuring that all appropriate channels of communications are feeding into the process.
1. Providing assistance to Project Coordinator through establishment of communication policy, branding kits, protocols
2. Providing assistance to Project Coordinators in drafting reports, human interest stories and case studies
1. Facilitate capacity-building sessions of project/program teams, government line departments, communities, and other stakeholders on CVID-19 issues and different topics as per project need.
2. Responsible to assess the staff training needs and prepare the capacity building plans of Clean Green Champions and their engagement plan in line with the Project
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
1. Responsible to ensure that all relations with the communities where project is being delivered in a respectful and consultative manner.
2. Ensure that communities are adequately consulted and informed about HIN program objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
3. Respond community grievances and complaints in a professional manner by handling complaint mechanism.
1. Ensure timely and efficient budget management of BCC and communication component
2. Demonstrate sound resource management and accountability to ensure that all project funds/resources are utilized towards the achievement of the project goals, in line with HIN and donor policies and procedures;
1. Ensure HIN Program and partner required reports covering implementation, achievements, success, lessons learnt and challenges on given deadlines.
2. Ensure donor required reports covering implementation, achievements, success, lessons learnt and challenges on given deadlines for different reporting intervals.
3. Provide occasionally reports to the Project Coordinator on progress of activities and on observations made by collaborating closely with MER as a part of monitoring and evaluation activities.
Communication Officer – Islamabad/ Rawalpindi & Muzaffar Abad
E = Essential D = Desirable
a. Excellent communications skills (verbal & written) to communicate effectively with representatives of donors’ public bodies
b. Can work on social media
c. Can operate media devises up to the market and partners requirements
e. Stress management & Time management skills
f. Knowledge of and commitment to participatory methodologies and Knowledge of current thinking on development issues and methods.
g. Knowledge of the corporate sponsorship sector.
h. Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods (via written, oral, and visual media).
a. Ability to work in and with a diverse team (E)
b. Ability to negotiate with stake holders (E)
c. Ability to maintain supportive work environment (E)
d. Ability to work regardless of working hours in emergencies and special tasks (D)
PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT INTERVIEWS FOR THE VACANCY SHALL COMMENCE FROM THE 10th OF AUGUST ONWARDS
THE OFFERED SALARY WILL BE NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING UPON THE EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION OF THE CANDIDATE