Purpose of the Post
The primary focus of this position is to ensure quality assurance of project interventions and implementation in line with the agreed LFA’s and LFM considering the theory of Change aspects. MEAL Officer will ensure appropriate reporting, success stories and human-interest stories in addition to compliance of project deliverables.
Monitoring, Quality Assurance and Progress tracking and Reporting
1. Prepare M&E work plans in consultation with program staff and update/revise accordingly to meet all program objectives and outputs.
2. Provide monitoring and technical support to program team
3. Provide assistance to project coordinator on performance tracking
4. Participate in internal meetings on regular basis to provide project updates and share relevant information with line manager and staff to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
5. Participate in meetings, reviews at national level to share program performance and lesson learnt
6. Conducting regular monitoring visit to field to ensure appropriate implementation.
7. Responsible for regular reporting, meal plan implementation and maintaining the project information management system at district level.
8. Responsible for the establishment of beneficiary complaint mechanism in field to ensure to accountability during project implementation.
9. As per HIN policies and management’s guidelines, coordinate implementation
10. Provide timely updates to line Managers around ongoing project/initiatives for informed and effective decision-making.
11. Ensure technical support in preparation of key documents overdetail implementation plans, log-frames, monthly and quarterly reports
12. Liaison and collaborate with other internal departments to ensure smooth functioning of system/policies.
13. Provide assistance to Project Coordinator on effective implementation of Program Activities.
14. To ensure all records are maintained and stored appropriately in line with HIN document management and IT policies.
15. To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
16. Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
1. Team-management, capacity-building, orientation and mentoring of staff for their development, coordination and implementation of M&E plans applying inclusive social theories etc.
Networking – Representation – Liaison:
1. Provide assistance to project coordinator to present reports in relevant forums in his/ her absence
2. Establish internal networking with teams and organization department to have a better MEAL function working relationship
3. Actively contribute to decision-making process within HIN by way of exchanging information, collecting data and information from other stakeholders and ensuring that all appropriate channels of communications are feeding into the process.
1. Providing assistance to Project Coordinator in conducting assessments, preparation of assessment reports, and utilizing the reports for concept notes and proposal development
2. Providing assistance to Project Coordinators in drafting concept notes and proposals.
1. Facilitate capacity-building sessions of project/program teams, government line departments, communities, and other stakeholders on CVID-19 issues and different topics as per project need.
2. Responsible to assess the staff training needs and prepare the capacity building plans of Clean Green Champions and their engagement plan in line with the Project
Monitoring/Evaluations and Assessments:
1. Assure progress quality by highlighting relevant issues with HIN management to ensure timely decision-making.
2. Ensure implementation of M&E plans, systems, assessment tools, tools for base line surveys and KAP studies.
3. Ensure the information and reports are adequately managed and maintained in appropriate manner and retrievable.
4. Random field monitoring visits to check the quality of deliverables with stated methodologies and guiding implantation teams on remedial measures.
5. Reinforce the results framework of HIN project and ensure its implementation, and achieve desired results and quality within available timeframe
6. Oversight and implementation of extensive baseline, mid-line and end line surveys in target districts
7. Support impact assessment firm for all required processes
8. Develop/maintain monitoring and reporting systems for HIN as required/directed by partner, produce timely reports and analysis.
9. Draft timely progress reports for HIN, and advice on possible improvements for mid-line and end-line surveys
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
1. Responsible to ensure that all relations with the communities where project is being delivered in a respectful and consultative manner.
2. Ensure that communities are adequately consulted and informed about HIN program objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
3. Respond community grievances and complaints in a professional manner by handling complaint mechanism.
1. Ensure timely and efficient budget management of M&E component
2. Demonstrate sound resource management and accountability to ensure that all project funds/resources are utilized towards the achievement of the project goals, in line with HIN and donor policies and procedures;
1. Ensure HIN Program and partner required reports covering implementation, achievements, success, lessons learnt and challenges on given deadlines.
2. Ensure donor required reports covering implementation, achievements, success, lessons learnt and challenges on given deadlines for different reporting intervals.
3. Provide occasionally reports to the Project Coordinator on progress of activities and on observations made by collaborating closely with MER as a part of monitoring and evaluation activities.
M&E Officer – Islamabad/ Rawalpindi & Muzaffar Abad
E = Essential D = Desirable
a. Skills in reporting, monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian projects of public health emergency
· Fluency in oral and written English and Urdu and/or any other local language
· Formulating and conducting baseline, mid-line and end-line surveys for HIN project implementation
· Working with external MIS and updating regular reports on stakeholder monitoring systems
b. Good communication and writing skills.
c. Drafting reports and tracking progress through PMIS
a. Microsoft office particularly MS Word, Excel and Power Point (E)
b. M&E budget planning and implementation and reporting (E)
c. Government policies of Water, Sanitation, Health and Education sectors (E)
d. Legislation on developmental issues (D)
e. Public rights and advocacy basics (D)
a. Ability to work in and with a diverse team (E)
b. Ability to negotiate with stake holders (E)
c. Ability to maintain supportive work environment (E)
d. Ability to work regardless of working hours in emergencies and special tasks (D)
PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THE INTERVIEWS FOR THE VACANCY SHALL COMMENCE FROM 10TH AUGUST ONWARDS
THE OFFERED SALARY WILL BE NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING UPON THE EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION OF THE CANDIDATE