Purpose of the Post
The primary focus of this position is to plan, implement, review, evaluate and report the assigned deliverables (soft & hard component) in Three districts i.e. Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Muzaffar Abad level. Representing HELP IN NEED at district, provincial and national forums and coordination units is another key responsibility. Additionally, to manage his teams and assets of HELP IN NEED at district’s level is prime responsibility.
1. Prepare program work plans in consultation with project coordinator and update/revise accordingly to meet all program objectives and outputs.
2. Provide technical support to program team and develop all BOQ’s estimation, drawing and design
3. Provide assistance to project coordinator on budget forecast and ensure BOQ’s estimation, drawing and design implementation for all schemes
4. Participate internal meetings on regular basis to provide project updates and share relevant information with line manager.
5. Participate in meetings, reviews at national level to share program performance and future opportunities
6. Conducting regular monitoring visit to field to ensure appropriate implementation.
7. As per HIN policies and management’s guidelines, coordinate implementation of the program by providing conceptual, technical & administrative support to team.
8. Provide timely updates to line Managers around ongoing project/initiatives for informed and effective decision-making.
9. Ensure technical support and management oversight in preparation of key documents overdetail implementation plans, log-frames, monthly and quarterly reports
10. Liaison and collaborate with other internal departments to ensure smooth functioning of system/policies.
11. Provide assistance to Project Coordinator on effective implementation of Program Activities.
12. To ensure all records are maintained and stored appropriately in line with MA document management and IT policies.
13. To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
14. Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
1. Team-management, capacity-building, orientation and mentoring of staff around the engineering and hard component and implementation of interventions applying inclusive social theories etc.
Networking – Representation – Liaison:
1. Liaison and coordinate with govt. and other key stakeholders to build rapport, working relationship and information exchange in order to mobilize their support and collaborative actions for ongoing projects.
2. Actively contribute to decision-making process within HIN by way of exchanging information, collecting data and information from other stakeholders and ensuring that all appropriate channels of communications are feeding into the process.
1. Providing assistance to Project Coordinator in conducting assessments, preparation of assessment reports, and utilizing the reports for concept notes and proposal development
2. Providing assistance to Project Coordinators in drafting concept notes and proposals.
1. Facilitate capacity-building sessions of project/program teams, government line departments, communities, and other stakeholders on CVID-19 issues and different topics as per project need.
2. Responsible to assess the staff training needs and prepare the capacity building plans of Clean Green Champions and their engagement plan in line with the Project
Monitoring/Evaluations and Assessments:
1. Assure progress quality by highlighting relevant issues with HIN management to ensure timely decision-making.
2. Provide facilitation to MER Officer for development of M&E plans, systems, assessment tools, tools for base line surveys and KAP studies.
3. Ensure the information and reports are adequately managed and maintained in appropriate manner and retrievable.
4. Random field monitoring visits to check the quality of deliverables with stated methodologies and guiding implantation teams on remedial measures.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
1. Responsible to ensure that all relations with the communities where project is being delivered in a respectful and consultative manner.
2. Ensure that communities are adequately consulted and informed about HIN program objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
3. Respond community grievances and complaints in a professional manner by handling complaint mechanism.
1. Ensure timely and efficient budget management, timely & appropriate submission of project expenses along with cash projection sheet as well as facilitation to project audits.
2. Demonstrate sound resource management and accountability to ensure that all project funds/resources are utilized towards the achievement of the project goals, in line with HIN and donor policies and procedures;
1. Ensure HIN Program and partner required reports covering implementation, achievements, success, lessons learnt and challenges on given deadlines.
2. Ensure donor required reports covering implementation, achievements, success, lessons learnt and challenges on given deadlines for different reporting intervals.
3. Provide occasionally reports to the Project Coordinator on progress of activities and on observations made by collaborating closely with MER as a part of monitoring and evaluation activities.
Project Engineer – Islamabad/ Rawalpindi & Muzaffar Abad
E = Essential D = Desirable
a. B-Tech, BS-Civil, 03-year diploma in civil engineering from recognized institution
a. Project management expertise in humanitarian situations (E)
b. Designing of BOQ’s, Estimation, Drawings and design
c. Proficient inf AutoCAD, relevant engineering software (E)
d. Good written and verbal communication skills (E)
e. Proficiency in English reading and writing skills (E)
f. Public dealing with adjustable approach (D)
g. PR developing and maintaining (D)
h. Planning and Coordination skills (E)
a. Microsoft office particularly MS Word, Excel and Power Point (E)
b. Budget planning, management and reporting (E)
c. Government policies around infrastructure, DRR, hard components (E)
a. Ability to work in and with a diverse team (E)
b. Ability to negotiate with stake holders (E)
c. Ability to maintain supportive work environment (E)
d. Ability to work regardless of working hours in emergencies and special tasks (D)
PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT INTERVIEWS FOR THE VACANCY SHALL COMMENCE FROM 10TH AUGUST ONWARDS
THE OFFERED SALARY WILL BE NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING UPON THE EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION OF THE CANDIDATE