Purpose of the Post
To maximize the impact of HELP IN NEED emergency programme interventions and strengthen social capital and system
1. Undertake Project surveys for baseline and end line data collection
2. Arrange meetings, trainings, sessions and mobilization events in targeted project areas.
3. Community mobilization and coordination with project stakeholders.
4. Conduct awareness campaign in project targeted area
5. Support in development of project manuals.
6. Prepare project activities reports and collect all the required activity wise MOVs.
7. Support in preparing weekly and monthly field plans and progress reports.
8. Responsible for implementation of project activities as per agreed plan.
9. To monitor social change and new social information relevant to community empowerment.
10. To raise awareness among community about DRR and to show them ways they can do this for themselves.
11. Assist community members to identify humanitarian needs and to generate solutions, identifying priority issues and to analyse their problems.
12. To encourage and stimulate community members to organize for action aimed at solving their problems and to plan, implement and monitor action that they define themselves.
13. To develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community members.
14. To assist the community in obtaining available outside resources, warning of the negative effects of becoming too dependent upon outside resources.
15. To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members; with special attention to those who are usually forgotten, marginalized and overlooked in community decision making.
16. To assist the community in obtaining information and knowledge that may be available through governmental and non-governmental agencies.
17. To assist the community members in developing their own capacity and strength to the point where they no longer need the services of you.
18. Preparation and submission of activities and monthly Progress reports.
19. To organize community mobilization and advocacy walks and sessions at village and Union Council level
20. Provide regular and follow up support to communities’ organizations on DRR activities
21. Undertakes any other tasks assigned by supervisor. Field visits in the school on regular and need basis to assess the enrolment.
22. Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Networking – Representation – Liaison:
23. Establish appropriate networking at community level
24. Establish internal networking with teams and organization department to have a better implementation of communication plan
25. Actively contribute to decision-making process within HIN by way of exchanging information, collecting data and information from other stakeholders and ensuring that all appropriate channels of communications are feeding into the process.
1. Providing assistance to Project Coordinator through establishment of social mobilization SOPs etc.
2. Providing assistance to Project Coordinators in drafting reports, human interest stories and case studies
1. Facilitate capacity-building sessions at community level on CVID-19 issues and different topics as per project need.
2. Responsible to assess the staff training needs and prepare the capacity building plans of Clean Green Champions and their engagement plan in line with the Project
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
1. Responsible to ensure that all relations with the communities where project is being delivered in a respectful and consultative manner.
2. Ensure that communities are adequately consulted and informed about HIN program objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
3. Respond community grievances and complaints in a professional manner by handling complaint mechanism.
1. Ensure timely and efficient budget management of social mobilization component
2. Demonstrate sound resource management and accountability to ensure that all project funds/resources are utilized towards the achievement of the project goals, in line with HIN and donor policies and procedures;
1. Ensure HIN Program and partner required reports covering implementation, achievements, success, lessons learnt and challenges on given deadlines.
2. Ensure donor required reports covering implementation, achievements, success, lessons learnt and challenges on given deadlines for different reporting intervals.
3. Provide occasionally reports to the Project Coordinator on progress of activities and on observations made by collaborating closely with MER as a part of monitoring and evaluation activities.
Communication Officer – Islamabad/ Rawalpindi & Muzaffar Abad
E = Essential D = Desirable
a. Ability to work in and with a diverse team (E)
b. Ability to negotiate with stake holders (E)
c. Ability to maintain supportive work environment (E)
d. Ability to work regardless of working hours in emergencies and special tasks (D)
PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THE INTERVIEWS FOR THE VACANCY SHALL COMMENCE FROM 10TH AUGUST ONWARDS.
THE SALARY CAN BE NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING UPON THE EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION OF THE CANDIDATE