HQ Analytics is looking for a Senior Python Developer to participate in a team based environment in support of new software Development and maintenance tasks. The candidate will utilize their development and engineering skills to develop new software. Requires a mix of software development, leadership expertise, and strong communications skills with the emphasis on Python and development competency.
Required Skills for Python Developer:
- 7+ years in a software development role
- Experience handling large data sets
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excel and Excel VBA
- Testing and reconciliation SAS programming (required) Linux scripting (required) DB2 (connectivity and SQL development) (preferred),
- Develops application code to meet defined business requirements using established programming standards and best practices.
- Performs Unit Testing on developed modules.
- Provides application debugging support to the Product Management, Software Testing, Client Support, and Client Implementation groups to help diagnose and correct application anomalies.
- Works from specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works effectively on larger projects, coordinating efforts closely with other team members to achieve the project requirements and timelines.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures, operating standards, programming languages, software development tools (e.g. Integrated Development Environments) and techniques (e.g. Model-View-Controller models)
- Documents code and systems and participates in code walkthroughs.
- Performs other application development, diagnostic, and data related duties as may be assigned.
Desired Skills for Developer:
- SQL and databases
- Experience with distributed computation
- Strong JAVA software skills along with experience with another object-oriented language
- Experience in Agile (e.g. SCRUM) and traditional SDLC methodologies.
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Experience in the Health Care and/or Pharmaceutical Industries
- Exposure to unit testing software (e.g. QUnit, PyUnit, etc.)
- Knowledge of “native app” development.