Retail Merchandiser Job Responsibilities:
Produces supermarket sales by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services.
Retail Merchandiser Job Duties:
- Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
- Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
- Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors' products.
- Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
- Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of supermarkets in assigned territory.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Retail Merchandiser Skills and Qualifications:
Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Customer Focus, Organization, Client Relationships, Promotions, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Territory Management, Competitive Analysis, Job Knowledge