To be part of application development team WITH objectives of Database Design, Database Development, Database Administration, Scripting and Maintenance, aiding in Data Migration while maintaining Database Backups.
Required Skills and Knowledge Areas:
· Database Analysis
· Database Administration
· Application DB Support
· SQL Development
· Linux / Redhat
· Software Engineering
· Software Development Lifecycle
· Requirement Change Management
· Requirement Traceability
· Oracle 10/11g/12c
· Issue View
· Time Management
· Analytical Skills
· Communication Skills
· Interpersonal Skills
· Risk Management
Functions & Responsibilities (duties to be performed by this position):
1. Develop a database subject to the standards and managing multiple enterprise databases and/or data warehouses some of which may spawn hundreds of tables.
2. To handle successful and streamlined administration IN ORDER TO avoid dead locks, keep servers up and monitor application for smooth running.
1. To plan and process scripts, PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and jobs etc. in order to generate automated inputs and databases
1. To ensure local environment integrity in order to enable smooth operations for development, QC, staging, production and showcasing
1. To align and format the data in accordance with the ETL protocol (Extract Transfer Load) and verify in accordance with the system in order to integrate data into application
Documentation & Reports:
1. To prepare the release notes documents for product and project, In order to provide information to QC Team or Client.
2. Use BIRT Application, in order to manage and update reports.
1. To convert database from one brand to another like Oracle to Postgres IN ORDER TO achieve application shifting to another database from existing.
Database Issue Resolution:
1. To Fix database issues / bugs identified by QC or the client pre or post production IN ORDER TO incorporate changes or start a separate DB script
Database Release Management:
1. Perform Database Sync activities IN ORDER TO incorporate new features / changes, maintain scripts, reflect changes in development and forward to QC for staging and production in parallel.
1. To coordinate with other technical departments within P&SD in order to produce the best products as per client requirements
Any other task assigned by Supervisor.
Harnessing the synergies of over Seven hundred team members whilst maintaining an international presence, Interactive has actively led Pakistan's Telecommunications and Information Technology industries for a quarter of a century. We have proudly served a prestigious portfolio of clientèle, s ...
Harnessing the synergies of over Seven hundred team members whilst maintaining an international presence, Interactive has actively led Pakistan's Telecommunications and Information Technology industries for a quarter of a century. We have proudly served a prestigious portfolio of clientèle, s ...Read More