• Work closely with the MHPSS Specialist & Gender Coordinator to understand program goals, coordinate with relevant stakeholders on the field and contribute to the development of new programming and building relationships.
• Develop and submit detailed work plans with the aim of contributing to the achievement of program goals, objectives and activities.
• Support the MHPSS & Gender Coordinator in the monitoring and mentoring of the field staff in relevant aspects of the program such as, objectives, activities, targets, indictors, quality of services delivered and so on.
• Provide day to day follow up for field staff to ensure that program implementation is on track.
• Support in the organization and when appropriate in the delivery of program trainings to staff and Gender support groups.
• Assist in the on-going assessment and analysis to understand needs of staff and beneficiaries.
• Ensure mapping of services and referral systems are developed and updated as appropriate on regular basis.
• Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of program activities according to coordinated work plan.
• Ensure that all field staff have the necessary forms and work tools in advance.
• Support the MHPSS Specialist to develop guiding materials and capacity building to strengthen psychosocial support.
• Take part in departmental meetings, prepare agenda, take minutes and prepare all related requirements.
• Technically guide and support Program team using an Inter-Agency guidelines in case management.
• Provide case management services to registered survivors and obtain feedback from all registered survivors as per IASC tools.
• Conduct focus group discussion sessions with community elders/religious leaders and adolescents on Program basic concepts.
• Provide capacity building training to Gender support groups using participatory methods and evaluations, pre- and post- tests to monitor training effectiveness.
• Conduct exit interviews, KAP surveys, FGD and GSG capacity assessment and provide technical support to address identified needs.
• Identify, document success stories, best practices and lessons learned. Facilitate the community to pass their complaints to the management through CBFRM in a transparent manner.
• Assist in the development of IEC awareness materials.
• Assist in the development and testing of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Code of Conduct
• It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
• Desirable: Master’s degree in Psychology or Master’s in Gender studies and relevant disciples can also apply.
• Minimum three years of relevant experience, preferably in humanitarian settings.
• Experience in training & capacity building.
• Familiarity with IASC Guidelines and MHPSS in Emergency Settings and expertise on case management guidelines.
• Strong writing and communication skills,
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines,
• Well-developed organization skills,
• Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure.
• Fluency in English and other regional languages, particularly Pashto.
• Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibilities as and when needed.
Candidates who meet the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted.
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, v ...Read More