The International Rescue Committee (IRC) respond s to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to the displaced and refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
The Project (BDRP)
The goal of Building Disaster Resilience in Pakistan (BDRP) program is to increase Pakistan’s capability to reduce disaster risk, though better planning, preparedness, response, and resource allocation at the governmental and community levels in district Dadu Sindh.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Senior MEAL Manager, the position will work with all relevant stakeholders of BDRP program to ensure an effective, efficient and functional MEAL system is in place.
· Promote accountability and ensure compliance with IRCWAY policies, global Humanitarian Standards for Quality and Accountability, including the feedback and client’s responsiveness mechanism (FCRM), to ensure that affected communities and people are at the center of IRC response.
· Assist in the review and development of appropriate formats, tools and systems for monitoring and evaluating programs, assuring quality and managing data according to internal and international standards.
· In collaboration with the Senior MEAL Manager and program teams, carry out regular participatory project monitoring as well as activities according to agreed systems, procedures and standards.
· Extend needful support to program teams to track progress of the project activities in line with the agreed output and outcome level performance indicators and beneficiary numbers using standardized formats and systems, to establish/maintain data storage and dissemination systems.
· Assist in the design, collection, and analysis of data and information for assessments, surveys and evaluations as required.
· Conduct data quality assessments, audits’ and support relevant teams in improved data management practices.
· Conduct output level monitoring and use Most Significant Change Technique (MSC) method
· Will represent MEAL during program review meetings and other events to share MEAL updates and/or making presentations if required.
· Facilitate program team to develop and adopt quality standards for their program interventions and ensure the placement of these standards.
· Maintain proper filing system of monitoring and data related documents in hard as well as in soft.
· Carry out other such tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
· Assess what information project stakeholders would like to receive about the IRC program, and how they would like to receive it.
· Put a system in place to ensure that information about IRC and projects are regularly shared with related stakeholders.
· Ensure that project relevant stakeholders participate in MEAL activities.
· Participate in MEAL related meetings.
· Consult with children and adults on complaints handling
· Design and implement appropriate feedback mechanisms that are contextual, effective, accessible and safe for children and adults that ensure that feedback is recorded, reviewed and acted upon
· Ensure confidentiality and integrity during processing of complaints
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior MEAL Manager
Position directly supervises:
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Program and Program Support
External: Local Partners, IRC vendors, Program beneficiaries, BDRP TWG
Education: Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Business Management or related subjects
· At least 3 years of MEAL experience preferably in NGO setup.
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, reporting and communication skills in English.
· Knowledge of MS Access, MS Excel
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and can handle local influence over MEAL activities.
· Familiarity with data collection and knowledge of MEAL tools.
Language Skills: Candidates from Sindh province with reading, speaking and writing Urdu and Sindhi will be preferred.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: less frequent direct contact with children
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More