Under the DFID funded project “Building Disaster Resilience in Pakistan” directly implemented by International Rescue Committee (IRC) in District Ghotki, IRC will hire one male and one female to work as paid volunteer. The will be responsible to provide technical and supervisory support and capability building of farmers on climate smart agriculture through the farmer field school (FFS) approach on kitchen gardening and wheat plots in targeted villages of District Ghotki and perform other related tasks
A. Roles and responsibilities of volunteers
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Livelihoods Officer, the FFS facilitator will be responsible to perform the following tasks and duties:
- Technical Support & Reporting
- Support review process of selected villages and participants for establishment of Farmer Field School and Women Open School on kitchen gardening (FFS/WOS);
- Provide technical backstopping to run the FFS/WOS and facilitate ongoing related activities in the selected villages;
- Provide due support for collection and compilation of all the information related with FFS/WOS established in the district;
- Support in the establishment and facilitation of FFS/WOS in the target villages with the support of agriculture extension department of District Ghotki
- Ensure timely submission of FFS/WOS monthly work plan and progress reports (monthly, quarterly, and final) to supervisor.
- Ensure regular field visits of farmers and FFS/ WOS on scheduled days and ensure punctuality and regular attendance of targeted farmers on the sites
- Facilitate the visits of the agriculture department officials and other visits as per plan
- Assist senior livelihoods officer and share information with livelihoods specialist in the day-to-day monitoring of FFS/WOS interventions and compile monthly monitoring reports.
- Ensure that all farmers of FFS have received approved package and required stationary for successful completion of activity and maintain required records
- Perform any other associated task as required by the Supervisor.
- Onsite liaison and coordination with agriculture extension workers and relevant key stakeholders as advised by the supervisor
Facilitate other team members in distribution of agriculture inputs to the farmers