Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: The Project Manager will mainly be responsible for technical backstopping of partners from Kharan, Noshki, Chaghai, Killa Abdullah and Pashin. This position is supposed to oversee the quality implementation TEACH project which include education, livelihoods and protection interventions. The Project will be implemented through consortium (project partners). The position is to further ensure a close coordination with stakeholder and government agencies at field levels, clusters, respective implementing partners and academia (various consortia and local implementing partners). The position needs to provide timely and effective technical support. The position will be reporting directly to the TEACH Project team lead.
Program Quality and Technical Backstopping:
· Provide mentoring support in day-to-day implementation of education project.
· Develop and monitor quality parameters in coordination with MEAL
· Provide technical guidance, oversight and support to the education, livelihoods and protection team and partners in implementation of program interventions
· Ensure the technical backstopping in placement of strong community-based education, livelihoods and protection mechanism at field level
· Support the teams in implementation of project intervention in collaboration with partner and govt. agencies and other stakeholders
· Effectively involve in situation monitoring and update the senior management on changing scenarios for immediate response and changes in program approach/design
Support to Partners, Representation and Coordination:
· Provide technical support and build the capacities of implementing partners organization
· Coordinate and collaborate closely with relevant government authorities, other NGOs and UN agencies for the implementation of Education project
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, including community leaders, NGOs, UN agencies, community based organizations and other IRC sectors to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination
Grant Management and Reporting:
· Build staff capacity in writing daily, weekly and monthly reports to ensure accurate monitoring and documentation of activities
· Prepare high quality internal and external reports within agreed deadlines
· Support Sr. Protection Coordinator in managing the program budget; in overseeing all budget expenditures and in ensuring they are allowable and allocable according to IRC and donor regulations
· Identify, document and ensure the utilization of key program learning for future improvements
· Organize protection reviews for more effective program delivery
· Support in developing program budgets for new protection proposals
· Contribute extensively and with quality in developing the protection program and new proposals
In coordination with the team leader, education coordinator, senior manager skills manager and other staff, contribute in the development of proposals and concept notes for expanding IRC’s protection programming in Pakistan.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Team leader Position directly supervises: Staff recruited in project
· Master’s in Anthropology, Social Sciences or equivalent
b) Work Experience:
· At least 05 years of humanitarian experience with at least 03 years of experience in managing education and livelihoods projects through partners and in self-implementation modes
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent and fluent spoken English and good knowledge of Local language is essential
· Excellent communication and analytical skills
· Proficient in qualitative analysis and documenting them into high quality analytical reports
· Computer skills including MS- Office, Excel, Power point, Outlook.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities;
· Report writing skills.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Ability to meet short deadlines.
· Willingness to work long hours and on week-ends if required by the emergency assessment.
· Knowledge of research methodologies
· Ability to work under pressure
· Must be fluent in English, Urdu and regional languages
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More