This is a short term field based position in Peshawar. The qualitative Researcher will be responsible for conducting field visits to assigned areas and for gathering qualitative data (In-depth interviews) under the direct supervision of qualitative data quality manger. The researcher will be responsible for facilitating IDIs, note taking, translating participant responses and maintaining field tracking sheets at field sites. This position will be supervised by the senior research officer.
This short-term position shall be based in Organization field office Peshawar with frequent travel to field sites (Kohat, Nowshera, and Peshawar) to collect data from programme beneficiaries at women community centers. The length of data collection is estimated for 3 to 4 weeks.
The qualitative portion of this study will be conducted through open-ended in-depth interviews (IDIs).
Qualitative researcher will have the following specific responsibilities:
· Attend 1-week training at the outset of the research, guideline and interview skills
· Collect qualitative data (IDIs) on predefined timelines and while adhering to predefined guidelines
· Maintain field tracking sheet
. Visit women’s community centers to meet with study participants (adolescent girls and their caregivers) to gather data
· Transcribe and translate IDI notes from Urdu to English and make final fair notes to handover Data Quality Assurance Manager
· Submit notes and documents to the supervisor at the end of each day in order to ensure confidentiality and security
· Participate in debriefing meetings at office for the feedback
· Any other tasks given by the supervisor
· Complete a comprehensive training on IDIs guidelines, facilitation and note taking
· Travel daily with 2 field team members to pre-identified community women center to conduct interviews with enrolled participants
. Align with research ethics and behaviour protocols in the field, including maintain confidentiality and adhering to ORGANIZATION security protocols, the child safeguarding policy and WPE standard operation procedures
. Maintain the confidentiality of study participant data, including withholding all information shared by study participants such as identifying information and contents of their responses.
Education: Must have completed Bachelor degree in social sciences/ Sociology, Social Work, Education, Development Studies, Women Studies from a recognized university would be given preference.
Work Experience: Minimum one year of work experience or related internship in any long or short term qualitative research project. Preference given to those with previous work experience in qualitative research with women and adolescent girls
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and interview skills.
· Understanding of issues and experiences affecting adolescent girls and young women, including displacement and GBV
· Good reading and writing skills in both Urdu and English
· Strong understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality of the collected data.
· Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment
· Emotional maturity and stability to resolve conflicts in non-violent way and maintain appropriate boundaries Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, ethnicity, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
· Ability to travel extensively to the field on daily basis in order to work closely with the data quality manger/ research team on data collection
· Respectful of local norms and culture, and willing to follow these norms while in the field
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, ethnicity, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Language Skills: Must be a Native Pashto speaker and have good knowledge of Urdu
Note: Due to nature of field work, Women are encouraged to apply.