Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, working in 42 countries worldwide. Established in Pakistan for over 30 years, IRC manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection and livelihoods for displaced, poor and conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
. The Security Guard ensures the safety and security of IRC property and staff at assigned facilities.
1. Maintain a security watch throughout the assigned shift.
2. Conduct regular rounds, in keeping with security directives.
3. Note and report problems, including suspicious activities and behaviors and maintenance concerns.
4. Maintain security logs, in keeping with IRC policies and procedures.
5. Respond to emergencies and other problems, in keeping with IRC guidelines, policies and procedures.
6. Answer the telephone and provide callers with information or assistance, as appropriate, in keeping with IRC guidelines.
7. Maintain radio communications, as assigned, in keeping with IRC policies and procedures.
8. Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested.
9. Work in shifts at the Health Facility, as assigned
· Perform other duties, as needed or requested..
Respond to emergencies and other problems, in keeping with IRC guidelines, policies and procedure
· Basic Literacy would be an added advantage
. At least one year experience in relevant field.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Vigilant with keen observation skills;
· Able to identify safety and security hazards and counter any hazard or suspicious activity tactfully when arises.
· Mature enough to observe balance in dealing with the job requirements as well as moral norms and customs;
· Willing to follow and abide by the IRC security protocols