- Conduct stakeholder analysis & consultation meetings with different stakeholders for strategy development of Islamic Microfinance Programme.
- Identification of the Key priority areas of program growth
- Development and approval of the program strategy
- Prepare Business plans for Islamic Microfinance Programme strategy implementation
- Conduct baseline surveys for Islamic Microfinance Programme Growth Plan
- Develop and implement expansion and growth plans
- Ensure quality execution in the delivery of a product/service/solution to drive satisfaction, client loyalty, and the client experiences are duly considered to ensure the up-maintenance of the repayment rates as well as accessions rates.
- Ensure and verify that IR microfinance programmes comply with Sharia Guidelines
- Maintain professional stance in the micro-financing community and mentor staff to build capabilities and improve the organizational health and maturity
- Provide case studies, website content and other publicity material
- In conjunction with focal person at IRW Microfinance Business Unit(IMFBU) represent IR Pakistan’s Islamic microfinance approach, methodology and strategy to the wider IR partnership
- Represent IR as an expert in debates and networking forums/workshops in Pakistan and outside, in conjunction with Microfinance Business Unit(IMFBU)
- Prepare and/or commission high level, well researched briefing and policy papers to support IR policy and advocacy campaigns.
- Support the development of partnerships and alliances in relation to microfinance with relevant academic institutions, networks, think tanks, corporate companies and other stakeholders in Pakistan
- At least 30-40% of time in the field to provide guidance and on the job support to field staff.
- Conduct periodic visits to branches/field offices
- Facilitate in arrangement of IRP / donors visits to project areas.
- Facilitate & support other sectoral leads at ground in need identification / prioritization & verification of the project interventions / activities.
- Close coordination with relevant stake holders working in the project targeted areas.
Roles and Responsibilities regarding IR Safeguarding Policy
- Ensure reporting staff are aware of their role and responsibility under the safeguarding policy
- Ensure safe recruitment process in line with HR processes
- Ensure all representatives receive safeguarding orientation and training as a mandatory part of inductions
- Ensure safeguarding policy is implemented globally within country offices
Support reporting staff to access and utilize safeguarding reporting procedures
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols. We have zero tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
- Master's degree in economics/business administration/ commerce or in related field
- Working knowledge and experience of Islamic micro-finance
- Microfinance operations management
- Community microfinance models and approaches
- Microfinance updates worldwide
- Commitment to Islamic Microfinance
- Strong communication skills including writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Financial portfolio analysis skills
- Leadership skills
12 years of experience with Master's degree specifically 10 years’ experience in a Senior Management Position at Microfinance programs/ institutions, preferably Islamic Microfinance Programs/Institutions in Pakistan.
MS Office, Outlook, ERP systems familiarity
English, Punjabi, Urdu,
Key Personal Qualities:
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
- Able to work under extreme conditions in field areas.
- Good communication skills in local as well as English / Urdu language which delivers information with clarity in a wide range of situations.
- Has a positive nature and able to overcome issues that create hindrance in achievement of entrusted goals / objectives.
- Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Value Added Skills
- Advance level Social Mobilization
- Monitoring & Accountability
- Water, Health & Sanitation
- Food Security & Livelihood