Administrative Supervisors are responsible for the overall administrative functions of their organization and often oversee the support of executives, as well. They supervise administrative staff and staff assistants, offering guidance and training while delegating work tasks. Their job is to ensure that day-to-day operations of their organization run smoothly.
- They will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently.
- The tasks of the office administrator will include bookkeeping and mentoring office assistants.
- The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
- The office administrator ensures smooth running of our company’s offices and contributes in driving sustainable growth.
Responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing office services and related office activities to achieve efficient utilization of available resources.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate the daily activities and operations of the office or department
- Schedule and prioritize office activities to meet operating requirements
- Determine, plan and direct work flow
- Develop and monitor internal controls
- Analyze work flow issues and implement workable solutions
- Ensure adherence to quality standards
- Perform administrative support functions such as data management, creating reports, drafting correspondence and preparing basic financial accounts
- Develop effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Evaluate work of staff
- Provide necessary training, guidance and motivation to staff
- Approve and monitor staff vacations and sick leave
- Initiate and maintain orderly records in compliance with company regulations
- Supervise the efficient use of office supplies and maintenance of office equipment
- Plan and organize the purchase of office supplies in accordance with purchasing policies and budgets
- Maintain a pleasant and secure working environment
- Act as liaison with other departments and divisions