Last Date to Apply: 24th Jun 2019
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz has a set of very strong organizational values, it expects its employees to build a unique culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development. The values all Jazz employees exhibit and expected to practice are being entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, customer obsessed and truthful.
Our team & you
We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success and to continue and change the lives of our 58+ million customers.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
Within 30 days you will:
- Attend our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products.
- Meet with the Commercial team to understand the strategy of the function in line with Organization strategy and company road map.
- Meet internal stakeholders within the business including Commercial, Technology, Business Service division and Compliance and within Finance including Sourcing and Supply Chain Management, and Service Delivery teams.
- Meet the consultant and teams working on Process Redesign and ERP changes within Finance.
- Ensure that you ensure achieving JAZZ and VEON’s objective of efficiency and effectiveness and compliances with laws, regulations and policies through effectively designed controls.
- Verify that the control environment is maintained at the optimal level ensuring minimal fraud and safeguarding the company’s resources.
Within 60 days, you will:
- Periodically align and update JAZZ key controls with baseline controls as designed by the VEON Group ICRM team, and align all stakeholders with any design deficiencies through remediation plan.
- Make sure that any changes in processes which directly impact financial reporting or which involve assets of JAZZ are assessed for potential operational and financial risks and risk mitigating actions put in place through key and non-key controls.
- Align implementation with Process Owners and Control Owners on the revised and updated controls for frequency of implementation, form of output, testing methodology and monitoring requirements.
Within 90 days to onwards you will:
- Design an annual review plan of all Key and Non Key controls with relevant Process and Control Owners covering processes alignment with policies, system integrity, and adequacy of asset safeguard along with completeness and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Design controls for deficient processes as identified by various internal and external audits including those covering the Compliance Control Framework of JAZZ. Ensure implementation post stakeholder alignment.
- Verify compliance with the key control framework and relevant JAZZ policies by performing internal reviews and identifying opportunities for improvement where needed.
- Support the Accounts and finance team in digital initiatives including data analytics and robotics to improve efficiency while ensuring optimal control environment.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU?
JAZZ has one of the most innovative Finance function in the country which operates in a dynamic challenging environment. JAZZ has implemented SOX controls in the company while it also relies on baseline benchmarking by VEON Group. As an OpCo it has one of the lowest deficiency/delinquency ratios in the VEON Group. The Internal Control Design Expert is expected to work with this high standard and expand the scope of work to include other eco systems within JAZZ currently not being covered. He/She is also expected to ensure ICRM do not lag behind when processes are amended rendering current controls obsolete or redundant.
A bit about you:
- We are looking for someone who has prior experience of designing, monitoring, testing Internal Controls either as an auditor or as part of the industry role.
- The applicant should have a sound understanding of ICRM functional requirements and an understanding of its linkage with other finance functions.
- Exposure to SOX Regulations and related controls is a must.
- The applicant must also have exposure to ERM solutions like Oracle or SAP. He/She must have a functional understanding of the controls embedded in these ERPs.
- We expect excellent communication skills and Ability to work in collaborative environment and manage stakeholders.
- A highest level of integrity and ethics is a must in a successful candidate.
The structure of the team you will join is:
Based in Islamabad. Team consists of 5 members (including the department head). You will report directly to Stream Head of ICRM.
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...Read More