As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 55 million customers. We are a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products
· Meet with the Finance team to understand the strategy of the function in line with CEO strategy and company road map.
· Understand the function of FP& A technology business partnership within the Finance division and how your role fits into the overall strategy and function.
Within 60 days, you will:
· Build strong relations with key stakeholders within technology, finance and commercial functions.
· Develop understanding of technology related financial targets & KPIs.
· Develop detailed understanding of ongoing and upcoming capital investment projects and related capex requirements.
· Develop detailed understanding of ongoing and upcoming Opex projects and related Opex requirements.
· Develop understanding of Governance, Project approval and appraisal process templates.
· Understand budget/Business Partner related presentations & templates for group reporting
· Obtain understanding of FP&A role in terms of co-ordination, preparation, review, local/HQ approvals and Post Implementation review of capex investment/business cases.
· Develop and manage methodology for obtaining HQ approvals/review of all matters which warrant HQ involvement/approvals, e.g. claims/penalty settlements etc.
· Develop a robust methodology for involvement at the Strategy level, idea generation, assessment, appraisal, authorization, implementation and review.
· Develop mechanism for compliance with Internal SOX controls, co-ordination with internal and external audit teams.
· Understand external audit requirements and ensure that the process is in place for all required audit evidence availability.
· Ensure that Jazz investment committee policies/charter is up to date in line with HQ / Group policies / Authority Matrix.
Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Provide Trainings to all stakeholders regarding capex investment appraisal process, pre-requisites, timelines, and alignment with ordering and capitalization plans.
· Schedule Investment Committee Meetings periodically for capex presentation and approvals.
· Guide end user how to formulate a business case/requirement justification, template usage, financial appraisal/calculations, assumptions validation, and approvals required as per Capex Charter, presentation to IC and FP&A Head.
· Co-ordinate between Procurement, Commercial, Technology, Taxation, Legal and all concerned stakeholders to close the business case within stipulated timelines.
· Maintain a log of all business cases and Tracker of consumption / capitalization against an approved business case, highlighting any delays/bottlenecks in achieving desired outcome.
· Provide frameworks for establishing an environment with intelligent capex spending as the priority and re-prioritization of capex to critical business requirement.
· Conduct post Implementation Review of Key and Specific revenue generating/opex savings business cases after successful implementation of business case.
· Work on adhoc business cases/requirements as and when required.
· Liaison with Corporate Accounting and Accrual Management teams on regular basis.
· Collaborate with technology teams to formulate 5 years Opex business. This include review of inputs received, substantiating through analytical procedures, setting projects timelines and ensuring accurate and timely completion of tasks.
· Work with technology teams & other stakeholders for developing robust 0+12, Quarterly and rolling forecasts.
· Perform different types of site level analysis i.e. Site profitability, utility consumption analysis
· Coordinate with group teams for validation of business plans/budgets and periodic forecasts.
· Analyse and Report key performance indicators and advise management on adjustments & actions required.
· Deal with budget owners to resolve their queries and provide visibility regarding Actual vs Budget spend; devising plans to close actualization gaps, measuring exchange gain/loss impacts on budget; and mediate discussion on monthly results & indicators, future forecasts & sensitivity analysis of required action plans.
· Coordinate with auditors and SOX teams for capex audits.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has extensive knowledge and experience of technology capex, opex, management accounting/reporting, investment appraisals & business partnership roles.
A bit about us
At Jazz FP&A Technology, we strive to bring cohesion between the Technology and Finance function in order to collectively work towards achieving Strategic Targets, delivering on critical initiatives and effective Management reporting.
A brief about your department.
FP&A activities include Budgeting, Forecasting, Investment appraisals, Management Reporting and Analysis.
We look after the quantitative and qualitative analysis of company’s operational & strategic/long term aspects in order to gauge progress towards company goals and to devise future road map.
We deal with a broad array of financial affairs, including but not limited to income, expenses, taxation, working capital management, investments, financial statements and management reporting.
The structure of the team you will join is:
A ten (10) member’s team with no sub teams.
The main priority of the team as a whole are:
To provide seamless & efficient support to technology function to deliver critical company targets.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team.
You will work with internal and external stakeholders including technology, commercial, P&O, Finance as well as the Group for effective planning and development of the domain.
What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
· Development of a liaison interface between Technology & Finance function.
· Adding value to the enterprise performance.
· Provide valuable information for decision making, solving business problems, and providing timely information to management.
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Capex & Opex Budget fty 2018 and 5 Year business plan.
· Delivered / completed, 100 business cases with capex re-prioritized to cater critical requirements.
· Team has worked on Active and Passive Infrastructure Sharing scenarios.
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
· Must have 7-8 years of experience in disciplines;
· In depth knowledge of Capex/Opex Planning, investment appraisals & target management.
· Business Partnership.
· Knowledge of accounting concepts/matters required for month end closing variance analysis and management reporting.
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.T
· Microsoft Office
· Oracle ERP login/access.
Essential skills must have:
· Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting.
· Investment Appraisals
· Cost Optimization
· Financial analysis
· Data presentation
· Team Player
· Computer Proficiency: (MS Word, Excel and Power point, Oracle Financial)
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...Read More