Grade : L4
Last date to apply : 21st May 2019
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
We are currently looking at enhancing our portfolio through our Fintech business, Jazz Cash, in partnership with Mobilink Microfinance Bank (MMBL), which recently won the Bank the Unbanked Award 2018.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 58 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
As the Head of Legal for DFS, you will be reporting into the Chief Legal Officer (Jazz) with a dotted reporting line to the President Global Digital Financial Services. The role is based out of Islamabad, with travel to other business locations as per need.
You will be responsible for developing the DFS business further in Pakistan, by overseeing the area of legal and compliance as an embedded business partner. The role will be at the center of innovation and digitalization of the business, enabling the DFS team to become a best in class agile technology leader
· Proactively collaborate with the businesses in identification and management of legal risks through effective mitigation plans
· Advise businesses with respect to legal implications of all major decisions, strategies and transactions of the Company
· Closely work on strategic as well as day-to-day legal and regulatory matters of concern and take appropriate steps to protect the Company from any legal liabilities
· Keep the leadership team informed on new and changing laws/regulation that may affect operations of the Company and the industry
· Oversee the regulatory and compliance aspects of the business including but not limited to State Bank regulations, licensing, and strategic transactions such M&A activities etc.
· Advise on , KYC/ AML compliance and Group compliance
· Draft, review and manage commercial contracts
· Develop and maintain a database of contract templates
· Oversee and advise leadership team on legal and governance matters
· Assist in enabling Fintech and digital banking initiatives including but not limited payment, mobile commerce, digital lending (corporate & consumer), retail banking and FI products and solutions
· Provide on-going support in consultation with the GC to subsidiaries/associate companies
A Bit About You:
We are looking for someone has worked on diverse and challenging roles with the experience of managing tough stakeholders and situations. An ideal incumbent should be passionate and self-driven with the ability to understand needs, suggest ideas and convert them into tangible outcomes to meet the role accountabilities. The individual should have strong initiative and business acumen, sound work ethic, sense of urgency and be able to take decisions with a customer centric and collaborative approach.
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· High attention to detail - Identifying and Distilling Key Points through information
· Logical Reasoning and creative problem solving
· Experience in the area of banking, finance, intellectual property and litigation will be an added advantage
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...Read More