Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University, USA. For more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families, dedicated to improving the health of women and families in developing countries.
Jhpiego is looking for suitable candidate for the short-term consultancy of Communications Specialist, who will be responsible to provide overall technical and project-related communications support to Jhpiego Pakistan. The position requires a very seasoned communications professional that can effectively create tools and documents to communicate project activities into success stories, reports, policy briefers and other technical documents as described in the documentation plan.
- Maintain the Programs communication strategy, and working in coordination with the team to achieve communication standards prescribed by the Jhpiego HQ
- Design, manage and facilitate the implementation of activities for strategic communication in support of the efficient and effective achievement of project outcomes and health impacts
- Helping the program team in preparing visually attractive and comprehensible presentations serving the needs of the program without losing the interest of the audience.
- Preparing success stories, blogs, and social media posts to highlight donors and the program’s contribution to improving health and preserving lives.
- Assumes primary responsibility for all project-related communications and reports including quarterly and annual reports, success stories, promotional materials, etc.
- Help in event management and other external meetings
- Be an integral team member for New Business Development
- Arrange media workshops and assist in printing newspaper articles
- Masters in Mass Communications/ public relations/ social sciences or other relevant degrees from a reputed institute.
- Minimum Five years of progressive experience of working on communication-related issues and at least two years with the development/ health sector.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public health issues in Pakistan.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit articles and reports.
- Ability to interact and work skillfully and diplomatically within an international program team and communicate regularly with a variety of team members
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under stringent project deadlines.
- Willingness and flexibility to work on a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of his/her time.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer