Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University, USA. For more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego is dedicated to improving the health of women and families in developing countries. In Pakistan, Jhpiego is working with guidance and support from Global USAID funded Maternal and Child Health Survival Program, on “Accelerating Family Planning in Pakistan” (AFPP) to quickly accelerate the achievement of Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) objectives in Pakistan.
- Coordinate and collaborate regularly with OBGYN unit staff ,RHS-A staff on regular basis to ensure proper utilization of the Family Planning Training Unit for conducting FP/PPFP trainings
- Lead efforts in improving the quality of FP/PPFP Services at the selected clinical training sites (RHS-A,/PNC, labor and delivery room) by implementing standard best practices
- Develop and strengthen linkages between health and population service delivery outlets by arranging regular monthly meetings.
- Develop a database and close liaison with pool of master trainers to ensure their availability for stepdown training.
- Coordinate ,organize and oversee FP/PPFP training conducted at the FPTU and other technical assistance for quality interventions.
- Train, Coach and provide supportive supervision of all technical staff posted at their selected health facilities attached with FPTU for the provision of quality FP/PPFP Services.
- Ensure that relevant FP/PPFP data from their facilities is timely entered and reports are made available at the project office.
- Work in close collaboration with the Skilled Birth Attendants (SBAs) and other departmental staff at service sites to ensure timely registration of each client attending the antenatal clinic, labor room, operation theatre, recovery room and postpartum wards.
- Collect required data from cluster facilities sites for the program database.
- Supervise and provide guidance to FP counselor for conducting counseling at ANC/PNC/Labor delivery room.
- Facilitate Program Officer, Trainers and M&E Officer in project activities including workshop/training planning; logistics travel arrangements, etc., to ensure smooth implementation of the project at facility levels.
- Contribute data and narrative and pictures for activities at the FPTU for monthly and quarterly summary reports.
- A qualified health professional (doctor/LHV/nurse) having experience in supervising clinical trainings, coaching and training record maintenance; and field experience in family planning and maternal health programs .
- A minimum of three to five years of clinical training experience is required ,experience in family planning is preferred.
- Strong coordination skills and ability to develop positive professional relationship with staff posted at attached public sector facilities
- Fluent in written and spoken English,Urdu/Sindhi/Punjabi/Pashto/Baroh.
- Good computer skills and experience of working in MS words, Excel and Powerpoint .
- Excellent clinical training and supportive supervisory skills.
- Minimum two years of experience of working in conducting and organizing FP trainings will be preferred.
- Ability to travel around 50% of time to the field.
- Excellent coordination skills with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be considered for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.