Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University, USA. For more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego is dedicated to improving the health of women and families in developing countries.
Jhpiego is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Senior Program Coordinator for Districts Shikarpur, Jacobabad, Ghokti and Kashmore, who will be responsible to lead the district team, deliver all activities as per the work plan, detailed responsibilities are as follows;
- Act as Project Focal Point for all Service delivery activities at district level
- Act as a Trainer for all Maternal and Newborn Child Health and Family Planning training
- Make frequen
- t visits of project supported health facilities in the districts for effective implementation of technical interventions
- Make linkages with MNCH/FP mentors in the districts for technical support
- Directly supervises the following field-level positions: MIS Assistant, Admin/Logistic Assistant and Driver.
- Serves as a team leader at the district and provide technical and programmatic support in planning and management of field activities
- Implement district level activities and scope of work both capacity building and quality improvement at selected public and private health facilities
- Provide administrative and operational support to MIS Assistant while facilitating their direct reporting to M&E.
- Coordinate with consortium partners’ district team for implementation of field activities as per work plan and setting targets
- Coordinate with Sukkur and Karachi based staff for seeking guideline and providing update regarding the implementation of work plan
- Ensure the timely submission of work plan / activity calendar with relevant stake holders
- Ensure data collection and reporting from designated health facilities. Work with all technical team members at all levels to complete/update all required reporting including: activity check-lists, facility assessments, training reports etc
- Prepare / compile monthly district-level reports in accordance with work plan including monthly qualitative/quantitative reports and district dashboard tracker.
- Provide supportive supervision and process monitoring of activities at district field-level in order to ensure the effective/efficient translation of strategies into activities on the ground.
- Facilitate the visits by Donor / partners as and when required by Head Office
- Represent Jhpiego at district level at all relevant forums including MMC, DHMPT, DHN, MRM etc.
- Maintain coordination with Deputy Commissioner, District Health Officer, Focal Person MNCH, Population Welfare Officer, Coordinator LHW Program, DSM PPHI, district coordinators of other MCH component partners at district level
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- MBBS, BSc nursing or diploma in midwifery. Master degree will be preferred.
- More than 5 years of experience in coordination and project management, especially in Health Sector (Experience in Maternal Newborn & Child Health would be an advantage).
- Should have preferably worked in project or field related activities.
- Must have strong people, leadership and matrixed-management skills for effective coordination among various technical and operations supporting teams and other stakeholders.
- Should have a good working experience in managing local partners.
- The candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with an ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- The job will provide a decent remuneration and a chance to work in a professional work environment.
- Strong interpersonal, team management and report writing skills
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHPIEGO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer