Summary of Position
The Director Program, Punjab will be a full-time position based in the Lahore office. An international Non-Government working will work closely with the government of Pakistan across all levels to enable a greater ability to lead, design, manage, and monitor a system of high-quality, integrated health services. The program will also build the capacity of civil society and the private sector to work with government to support these efforts and fill gaps.
Director Program, Punjab position requires close coordination with provincial policy makers (Minister’s office, Secretary, Planning Cell, Director General Health office & Director Communication Diseases) and the provincial program managers (MNCH, LHW, EPI, DHIS, TB, others) which includes overseeing, managing and effectively coordinating program activities at the provincial and district levels. In addition, close coordination is also required with UN Agencies and other development partners. This position will report to the Senior Advisor Global Health Security & Service Delivery, JSI Islamabad office.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure implementation of Annual Work Plan (AWP) activities and accomplishment of all quarterly targets according to the AWP.
· Liaise and coordinate closely with senior officials of DOH.
· Monitor and facilitate provincial level activities by IHSS-SD partners to ensure the smooth execution of the project
· Coordinate with Provincial Disease Surveillance and Response Unit (PDSRU) for the implementation of training program.
· Provide technical assistance to DoH for GHSA
· Provide technical input to DoH in making technical documents, training module, monitoring tools etc.
· Maintain appropriate documentation of various meetings, correspondence, and other material related to various project activities.
· Develop and maintain close coordination with provincial and district health offices for reporting the outbreak of notifiable disease.
· Ensure Project leadership has sufficient project data on infectious disease for decision making and performance improvement.
· Maintain coordination with partners and facilitate them to ensure smooth information flow on a regular basis.
· Arrange, coordinate and facilitate meetings/appointments with the provincial authorities and partners working at the provincial level.
· Participate in meetings at the provincial level to present and explain organizational point of view and share progress with Islamabad office.
· Prepare quarterly reports related to project activities and ensure timely submission of these reports
· Oversee and supervise Lahore office staff.
Qualification, Experience and Required Skills
· MBBS, preferably with Master’s in Public Health, Allied Sciences, Health Reform, Management or equivalent qualification from HEC-recognized institutions
· Minimum of ten years of work experience in public health, preferably with an international organization.
· Experience working on infectious disease project/ activity
· Experience working closely with the DOH, Punjab.
· Substantial experience in managing donor funded health programs within the government or with a donor.
· Excellent communication skills in order to deal with all levels of government and with development partners.
· Proficient in computer skills and excellent professional report writing skills.