An international Non-Government working on Health Systems Strengthening and Service Delivery in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to provide technical assistance mainly to the provincial Departments of Health (DOH) and Population Welfare (PWD).
The Gender Specialist will have the overall responsibility for developing and executing the project’s gender action plan addressing gender equality and ensuring gender integration in all project interventions. The position will report to Director Communications.
- Develop Gender Action Plan for the project
- Ensure the USAID Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy and ADS 205 are applied throughout the activity
- Work with project staff to ensure gender is appropriately integrated in all field trainings
- Strategize methods and tools to monitor instances of gender disparities
- Provide technical expertise and tools for gender and marginalized groups access to health facilities and Project interventions.
- Provide technical expertise and tools to the program team and partner organization on analytical and products requiring gender mainstreaming
- To conceptualize and design activities to enhance gender and marginalized populations programs, particularly in the area of women health and access to health facilities.
- Train and offer advice and guidance on gender mainstreaming and advice the partner organisation on the adoption of the gender strategy
- Integrate gender analysis and propose additional or alternative measures of gender-related outcomes and impact for all MEL work. Document successful activities and methodologies for gender integration
- Undertake other tasks contributing to meeting gender equity and women’s empowerment targets and goal
· Advanced degree in political science, law, international relations, development studies, political science, public policy or gender studies.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive professional experience working on gender issues in health sector
- Demonstrated experience with gender integration in development programming. Ability to lead formulation and evaluation of development programs and projects
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Previous experience of working in health sector preferred
- Experience working with government counterparts. Demonstrated training experience
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with project team members, donors, and other cooperating agencies.
- Demonstrated work experience in program design and strategy to promote gender equity, especially in complex/high-risk environments
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required
- Fluency in Urdu and English, both verbal and written, required
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position