The inventory officer is primarily responsible for handling the material management that include acquisition of the material, merchandise, items, etc., and its proper distribution.
· To supervise and coordinate the activities of those engaged in inventory management
· Responsible for keeping a track of the inventory records
· Preparing the Material Requisition, receiving, storing, issuing the goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock.
- To prepare the inventories, maintaining records of stock and receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Entering records and accountable for checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders
- To be involved in reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system
- To oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, he has to ensure that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse
- To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members
- To supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily.
- To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking
In addition to the above duties, the inventory officer has to be involved in preparing the weekly reports of all the activities in the warehouse like the consignment received, the quantity of items received, point of collection and dispatch, stacking number, outstanding balance, etc.
The work schedule of this professional is ever changing depending on the work assigned. He may need to travel to the customers' locations, thus must be ready to work in a flexible work environment.