JICA (Japanese International Cooperation Agency) has implemented a technical cooperation project, titled “The Project for Improvement of Livelihoods and Well-being of Female Home Based Workers in the Informal Economic Sector in Sindh Province” with Women Development Department of Sindh government since 2018 October.
This is four-years limited project. This project aims at developing a comprehensive package to uplift the livelihoods and well-being of Female Home Based Workers and their families. The package has three components including life skill management, income generation and financial access. The Project is seeking a candidate who fill the following post for women entrepreneurship as part of the income generation activities in Karachi.
This position is a part-time consultant from November 2019 to September 2020, which is tentative period and renewable.
The consultant is required to perform following tasks with Japanese experts and a partner organization.
1. Planning and preparation for training on entrepreneurship for local women in Karachi. Candidate items of the training are 1) Basic business development, 2) Entrepreneurship topics, 3) Business development guidance including communication, negotiation and introduction of successful cases, which includes development of training material
2. Collecting detail information and making a list of technical training institutes for target beneficiaries
3. Conducting TOT for staff of the partner organization
4. Conducting and supervising training on entrepreneurship for local women in Karachi
5. Coordinating with training institutes for arranging admissions of target beneficiaries
6. Supporting the project team to develop business linkages or marketing activities for target beneficiaries
7. Supporting the project team to review and evaluate training activities
Note: Detail schedule and tasks will be shared at the initial interview.