- KfW is one of the world’s leading promotional banks. As an integral part of KfW Group, KfW Development Bank carries out Germany’s Financial Cooperation (FC) with developing and emerging countries on behalf of the German Federal Government.
- KfW’s head office is located in Frankfurt, Germany. 70 local offices cooperate with partners all over the world.
- The projects are aimed at securing peace and economic development, fighting poverty and protecting the environment. In 2019, KfW Group committed worldwide funds of EUR 76 billion.
- Pakistan has been one of the first partner countries of KfW as FC started already in 1961.
- The current portfolio of KfW amounts to more than 400 million EUR in four sectors: Energy, Sustainable Economic Development, Health and Governance.
- The FC projects in the governance sector aim at improving the delivery of basic social services and local infrastructure through the Government of Pakistan including its decentralized structures and promote an increased participation of the population in the planning and implementation of measures Projects (with a focus on Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) include small communal infrastructure measures, capacity building of provincial and district level government structures as well as measures in the field of e-governance and forestry.
- The staff at the KfW Office in Islamabad comprises the country director, four sector/project coordinators and one office manager.
Degree Level: Minimum: University Degree in Economics or related subjects (e.g. Development Studies, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Engineering)
Degree Title: Preferred: MA/MSc., Minimum: BA
Experience: Minimum five years in respective or related field
Work Permit: Pakistan, travel required within Pakistan and specifically throughout Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including FATA and other places in Pakistan, if and when required.
Salary Range: up to Rs. 350,000 per month gross (depending on experience)
Job Description: For projects and programs in the governance sector (and potentially in other sectors as well), KfW Office Pakistan seeks a full-time Project Coordinator for an initial period of two years with the option of permanent employment with the KfW Office Pakistan thereafter.
The Project Coordinator is expected to:
- Support and advise the Governance sector team at HQ in Frankfurt/Germany and the Country Director of KfW Office Pakistan in the preparation and implementation of respective projects and programs;
- Monitor and report on relevant developments in the governance sector and initiatives of other donors;
- Explore and identify new project/program opportunities and new partnerships in the governance sector;
- Undertake project management tasks in the sector in close coordination with the respective sector team at HQ and the Country Director;
- Monitor projects and programs under implementation and undertake regular site visits to the projects, particularly in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa;
- Review, comment on and contribute to project proposals, progress and monitoring reports; and
- Support the other local KfW colleagues in their work, if and when required
- Experience in the coordination of complex projects, especially infrastructure projects in Pakistan;
- Profound understanding of the governance sector of Pakistan, in particular in KP (and former FATA);
- Experience in working with the Government;
- Strong interest/ experience in/ with e-governance projects;
- Strong interest/ experience in/ with forestry projects;
- Demonstrated understanding of gender mainstreaming and gender-related challenges in development projects;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, intercultural competence;
- Willingness to work in teams and pro-active work attitude;
- Fluency in English language; Pushto or German language skills desirable;
- Experience in working with other donors or NGOs is considered a further asset.
Only online applications from Rozee will be entertained.