Job Description: General Points:
- We believe it takes a team to make a successful product so we only hire team players. Some of the teams this role will work closely with include QA, Product and Design.
- We need an individual that proactively makes enhancements and implements new and exciting features while retaining quality.
- Translation of designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Define code architecture decisions to support a high-performance and scalable product with a minimal footprint
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Database administration and management of a hosting environment
- Implementation of security and data protection
Job Requirements Essential Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML, and CSS with experience creating front end applications using HTML5, Angular, LESS/SASS etc.
- Advanced proficiency in MEAN Stack (NodeJS, MongoDB, Express, AngularJS) with a minimum of one-year’s experience with MEAN fullstack paradigm
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Experience with and a thorough understanding of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Preferred (‘plus-point’) Requirements
- Experience in an enterprise or consumer software development environment
- 3+ years of experience in a software development or similar role
- Practical experience incorporating agile methodologies through all phases of the Systems Development Lifecycle process
- Proficiency and hands-on experience with ReactJS
- Additional experience with HTML template engines, .less CSS compilations, AJAX, XML, JSON, PhoneGap mobile framework, software design patterns, and build/deployment scripts.
- Consumer Web Development Experience for High-Traffic, Public Facing web applications
- Experience with cloud technologies, especially IBM Blumix
- Experience with integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system and Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.)
- Continuous integration experience (Jenkins/Hudson) and version control experience (SVN, Git)