Who we are:
We are a fast-growing Internet company serving over 10,000 businesses in the US, Canada and Australia. Our development team is building a messaging platform for small to medium sized businesses using cutting edge technologies like real time communication, AI/NLP, streaming audio and video.
We are looking for a seasoned, passionate and hands-on Engineering Manager to lead and grow a team of talented and high-impact engineers in the building, improving and scaling of this next-generation ApexChat’s Conversations platform, and mobile apps. You will own the delivery of major features to the delight of ApexChat’s SMB Business Customers, and End Users. In addition to providing leadership for your team, shipping these features will also require good communication with all stakeholders and solid judgment about how to architect code to both ship quickly and handle changes in the future, along with improving practices and processes to improve software quality. The software development manager is the “go to” man when it comes to software developers.
What You'll Do
- Architect, lead and manage a team of engineers, and team leads (Platform/Web and Mobile apps) through research, technical design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Deliver apps with a strong focus on usability, performance, and scalability.
- Deliver scalable, secure, resilient, highly available services running on robust deployment architectures with comprehensive health monitoring/alerting.
- Spend a good percentage of time writing code, reviewing the code of team members and participating in technical architecture and product discussions to move the team forward.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with partner teams, both local and remote, in completing interdependent work items.
- Ensure adequate visibility of project/feature status to stakeholders.
- Analyzes software requirements, and participate in design meetings, and work with Product to write, to estimate, review and revise product requirements and specifications.
- Manage individual performance, employing ongoing performance feedback and coaching and foster a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instills the principles of this culture in a team of 8-12 developers and QA Engineers.
- Ensures code and product quality requirements are maintained, and appropriate procedures and processes are followed when it comes to software development.
- Makes sure the timeline and priority are followed by the software development group, along with the Project Manager’s help.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science from a recognised university.
- Minimum of 7 to 8 years of experience in software engineering, with a minimum of 2-3 years managing software engineering teams.
- ASP.NET/C# Web 7 database-based solutions and experience.
- Android and iOS Mobile (Xamarin tool - nice to have) & mobile architecture knowledge.
- Demonstrated success delivering highly available apps & services and examples.
- Proven track record of successful execution of the full product/service development lifecycle from initial planning to first release and delivering on schedule in a fast-paced agile setup.
- Analytic mindset, to help instrument and experience with Google Analytics, or similar.
- Process Improvement - and experience with handling automation tools/practices.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and to maintain a high degree of technical involvement with your team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in REST APIs, data-driven services, MSSQL/SQL, microservices
- Experience building parts of a scalable secure platform such as an API Gateway, Identity Access Management, Data management, and logging/monitoring solutions a plus.
- Experience with chatbots a plus.