Under close supervision, will perform a variety of work, and provide support services; and performs other related duties as required.
- Answers and directs phone calls, voice mail and e-mail; greet visitors, clients and staff; responds to general questions; refers inquiries as appropriate; takes messages; provides information on Authority programs and related referral services
- Updates and maintains filing systems, including confidential files; set up new files; receives pulls and files documents and records
- Types correspondence, reports, memos, forms and related materials with accuracy, completeness and in compliance with departmental procedures
- Inputs, updates, searches and retrieves data using spreadsheets, computer databases and various automated systems
Meets with different clients
- Schedules appointments; maintains a calendar for program participates
- Schedules meetings and makes appropriate arrangements such as contacting participants, reserving rooms, and assembling materials and documents
May prepare a variety of handwritten or computer-generated reports using established procedures and formats; performs other related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of: modern office methods, practices and procedures;
- basic record keeping, standard PC software and hardware including computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and other related programs and systems;
- customer service principles;
- operation of standard office equipment; proper format for typed material; business-standard English usage, including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- operate a variety of standard office equipment such as personal computer, phone, fax, calculator, copier, scanner and other departmental specific equipment; type and file with accuracy; learn the specific operations and procedures of the job;
- proofread material for grammatical, numerical and clerical accuracy; learn, understand, interpret, programs regulations pertaining to the work assigned;
- learn computer skills and other new technology; effective communication skills; follow written and verbal instructions; interact courteously and professionally with a culturally diverse general public and with other Authority employees; provide quality customer service to internal and external clients;
- use discretion and good judgment in the handling of sensitive and confidential information; prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.