What You’ll Be Doing
As a Full Stack Developer, you’ll report to the Software Developer Manager and work alongside a technical lead.
- Developing internal and external REST APIs
- Engineering product data management and processing systems
- Utilizing a modern PHP stack that includes Laravel, AWS, and Forge
- Completing high impact front-end initiatives in collaboration with UX and Product teams
- Dedicating yourself to quality by writing clean, maintainable code
- Collaborating with other developers to architect and develop code.
- Suggesting ideas that drive new development
- Proactively seeking improvements to modernize our front-end systems
What Skills We’re Looking For
As a candidate for this position, you are not expected to have experience with all the technologies and responsibilities listed below.
However, we do expect that you have a solid foundation in modern PHP backend development and are able to demonstrate this.
We are not providing an exhaustive list of keywords because we fully understand and expect that you will have the capacity to learn what is necessary on the job.
- Excellent understanding of modern HTML and CSS
- Fluency with PHP, especially utilizing objects and design patterns
- Solid background interacting with SQL databases
- Experience working on large codebases
- Able to implement solid, high quality, and easy to support solutions
- Fluency in optimization and troubleshooting techniques
- Prior experience working with a team
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Dedication to continual growth
Nice to Haves
- Fluency with the Laravel framework
- Experience using front-end build tools (Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
- Fluency in modern CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Understanding of advanced JS libraries/frameworks (AngularJS, React, Ember, etc.)
- Exposure to memory-based caching mechanisms and approaches (Couchbase, Redis, etc.)
- Understanding of DevOps tooling and cloud-based infrastructure (Vagrant, Ansible, Bamboo/Jenkins, AWS, etc.)