About the Role
As HoD Sofware Engineering within LEBRTE Solutions, you will lead multiple development teams by providing architectural / design support for a variety of new technology innovations. You will focus on evaluating in-house development and integrating internal and vendor-developed systems with broader enterprise services, adhering to and helping author corporate standards and processes. You will document and build consensus around critical architecture decisions and communicate architecture direction with business partners, lines of business, and leadership. Additionally, you will identify and manage platform strategic direction in coordination with business users' needs and direction. Ensure delivered solutions are in line with architectural vision.
About the Job
- Strong communications and organizational skills to insure alignment between technical Project Managers and Lines of Business leadership
- Drive delivery of technology roadmap related items by various teams, interface with Enterprise, and give presentations on upcoming initiatives
- Elicit and elaborate key non-functional requirements including availability, performance, recovery and security
- Own the technology/infrastructure and documentation of non-functional requirements including: availability, scalability, resiliency, security, etc.
- Work on assigned projects to deliver the architecture artefacts in alignment with target architectures and relevant standards recommending changes to the latter where appropriate
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise and shared technology services
- Demonstrate Agile principles of empowered self-organized teams focused on delivering customer value
- Lead and manage the software development department.
- Is passionate about technology and architectural design
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Values data, truth, and teamwork over ego
- Believes good software development requires good testing, monitoring, documentation, and collaboration
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, the ability to make a strong case for a technology choice, as well as the ability to assess weaknesses of their own proposals and those of others
- Is skilled at building consensus and iteratively improving solutions
- Firmly believes in leading by influence and using a servant leader rather than top-down approach
- Is committed to developing the team and the software together
- Is fluent in multiple application development languages and stacks such as PHP, C, Python, and/or NodeJS
- Can convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
- Exemplifies a servant leader understanding Agile principles and their practical application to drive results without sacrificing quality
- Has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of hands on